The year the music died

An impressive list of musicians who made an important contribution to the history of music. However I can"t believe they left off Maynard Ferguson. He was one of the greatest jazz trumpet players of all time. He will be dearly missed.

That was "bye, bye, American Pie." This is international; and to think, at least one of them could also cook. Bye, Chef.

Good list- of these I saw Odetta in NY and also in a club called Basin St West in LA (on Melrose as I remember, maybe on Sunset). Great performer. Also saw Cachao in NYC, Miriam Makeba in NYC, and Bo Diddly in LA and also here in Seattle a few times- including once at Factoria Mall! He was getting up there the last itme I saw him but he could still do that Rooster Scoot across the stage on one leg.

All great performers.

Ha

Guess its a matter of perspective as thats about the time i thought music was born.It died with the birth of Disco.

Hey, the Pointer Sisters created some part of heaven. Donna Summer, Kool and The Gang, etc.-with the birth of disco, complex danceable rhythms came back and night clubs were full of people bumping hips and having fun instead of just staring out of their acid addled eyeballs. I heart disco balls. :D

Ha

Hey, the Pointer Sisters created some part of heaven. Donna Summer, Kool and The Gang, etc.-with the birth of disco, complex danceable rhythms came back and night clubs were full of people bumping hips and having fun instead of just staring out of their acid addled eyeballs. I heart disco balls. :D

Ha
So any one who didnt like disco was on acid?:confused:

Back
Top Bottom