The yotul gas stoves saved us

rayinpenn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
When they built my house the builder skimped on the insulation in the soffit above the kitchen cabinets. There wasn’t any. The kitchen was always cold, the dishes freezing. The Mrs had pneumonia some years ago. So when we moved in and discovered that cold it concerned me. Thus I added the big Yotul Gas stove in the back of the house. It worked, it stayed comfy back there. Later noises from a bird in our stove vent had me open soffits and discover the missing insulation and I replaced it. Over time i adopted that back room as TV viewing room. The Mrs and kids took over the living room up from. I felt a guilty hogging the stove so i bought them a small yotul (at a super discount) just for that room.

I have the furnace set to come on at 5:30AM so my daughter doesn’t get up t a 58 degree bathroom. The other day I realized I hadn’t felt the heat come on for a while. I thought it was the polar vortex. I discovered this morning that the furnace isn’t working. I don’t believe its worked in weeks. I’ve called for service and they are supposed to come this afternoon. It appears those stoves saved us from a disaster. It’s snowing and 17 degrees out there now .. We are having a heat wave.. 59 degrees next week? Crazy.

The truth is if it wasn’t for DD we wouldn’t have noticed.

Last edited:
rayinpenn,
I thought Yotul only made wood stoves. What is the model of your gas stove?
I'm considering heating options for my silly old cabin.
Thanks, JP

rayinpenn,
I thought Yotul only made wood stoves. What is the model of your gas stove?
I'm considering heating options for my silly old cabin.
Thanks, JP

Looked it up
https://jotul.com/us/products/gas-stoves
1. Allagash
2. Sebago

This is the small one IMG_0005.jpg

Last edited:
Ps the 12 year old furnace needs a 2 grand multi speed blower... guess what we are getting a new furnace on Tuesday. The water heater is 12 too.. oh brother.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom