therapeutic hibernation

Ready-4-ER-at-14

Full time employment: Posting here.
april 14th, 2019

On yahoo financial John Bradford from spaceworks talked about how cooling the body in a manner similar to medically induced comas can reduce the food payload for a manned mars transit by 50-75%. It also reduced the crew area saving on propulsion. Metabolic activity dropped so I assume less oxygen. He mentioned it might have radiation protection. They dropped body temp somewhere around 32-34 degrees if I remember correctly.

I couldn't find it again but found him at the ht summit 2017 talking about similar stuff. He was saying in 2017 they were around 10-14 days now while the trip will be like 200 days.

May not amount to anything but is sure fun to see progress towards a task like getting to mars.

The astronauts in hibernation in the movie 2001 didn't do so well...:)

I cool my body for 20-30 minutes most days. Works really well. The one syllable word for this "hibernation" is?

A nap! :LOL:

May not amount to anything but is sure fun to see progress towards a task like getting to mars.

Never mind Mars, I just want to go into hibernation to skip winter! Say from December 26th to April 15. (I'd just file for a extension on the income taxes.)

Back
Top Bottom