There go our South Floridians...

W2R

Moderator Emeritus
MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- Massive power outages struck Florida on Tuesday afternoon, with power reported out from Miami to Jacksonville on the east coast and as far north as Tampa on the Gulf Coast, police and utility officials said.
About 4.4 million customers across South Florida were affected, Florida Power and Light Co. officials said.

Massive power outage hits Florida - CNN.com

Guess LG4NB and maybe even Rich are probably without power for a bit. The article goes on to say that terrorism isn't suspected, and that this is probably due to spotty thunderstorms.

Glad to hear that you still have power, Rich! I hope everyone's OK, too.

thanx for the concern.

was just listening to the mess on radio. traffic signals out in dade, broward & palm beach counties. every intersection becomes a four-way stop. you should see how that "works" at an eight lane intersection--it doesn't. even the school buses stopped running so add parents picking up kids to all that. radio also reports traffic accidents just about everywhere, even on the interstate & turnpike (someone making up time?).

my lights are on, the supermarket with its own industrial diesel generator is a four block walk and, being early retired, i simply have no need to drive in any of that. i didn't want to take the car out anyway because i just washed it yesterday after a roadtrip and now its raining. life is good.

Sounds like you are "sitting pretty", LG4NB! Glad to hear it. From the article, it sounded like nobody had power so you are pretty lucky. I remember some big streets in your area and can imagine what a mess they would be with blinking stoplights and all the traffic.

Back
Top Bottom