Things must be slow at Edward Jones...

Gonzo

Recycles dryer sheets
During lunch today at home the door bell rings... it's an Edward Jones Investment Rep with suit and tie going door to door... I couldn't believe it. I told him I was not interested when he tried to had me some info. He didn't seem very happy that I didn't take his handout material.

Gonzo

wow! maybe the milkman, breadman, fuller-brushman etc will be returning soon as well.

I have had that happen to me too.

The Do Not Call List must have hit the Dial and Smile reps hard.

Hey, gotta give the guy credit. I wish more of my sales people had his ambition. Nothing wrong with trying.

Gonzo said:
During lunch today at home the door bell rings... it's an Edward Jones Investment Rep with suit and tie going door to door... I couldn't believe it.
That's E-J's "thing". They train them to build their customers by making contact with the local community.

A couple months before they opened a branch in our neighborhood shopping center, the branch head was going door-to-door through a 10-block radius. I think he logged 30 or 40 miles. Now he's my spouse's self-appointed "advisor" and we just can't turn off his mail machine...

New EJ reps are REQUIRED to have and LOG 1000 face to face solicitation meetings with folks near their office, or corporate cuts off their support for the office.

They've had that policy for many years.................. ;)

FinanceDude said:
New EJ reps are REQUIRED to have and LOG 1000 face to face solicitation meetings with folks near their office, or corporate cuts off their support for the office.

They've had that policy for many years.................. ;)

Like most sales jobs, retail broker reps have to deal with the law of large numbers. Its why I never had the slightest interest in that kind of job.

"Hello, Mr Jones?"

<click>

"Hello, Mr Smith?"

<click>

"Hello, Mr Taylor?"

<click>

HFWR said:
"Hello, Mr Jones?"

<click>

"Hello, Mr Smith?"

<click>

"Hello, Mr Taylor?"

<click>

Quite stealing my scripts from 11 years ago!! ::)

I had a local EJ rep ring my doorbell a few years ago and I asked him why he was going door-to-door like the old Fuller Brush guy and he advised me of the above info also. I asked him how productive these cold canvasing trips have been so far (he had been doing it for a couple of months I believe) and he said that his efforts had produced zero new business.

When I suggested that he might bring along a few brushes maybe a sale could be generated (a la Fuller). He gave me a slight smile and a wave and he was off to the neighbors!

mickeyd said:
I had a local EJ rep ring my doorbell a few years ago and I asked him why he was going door-to-door like the old Fuller Brush guy and he advised me of the above info also. I asked him how productive these cold canvasing trips have been so far (he had been doing it for a couple of months I believe) and he said that his efforts had produced zero new business.

When I suggested that he might bring along a few brushes maybe a sale could be generated (a la Fuller). He gave me a slight smile and a wave and he was off to the neighbors!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: The local rep I knew gave out those little brushes you clean keyboards with, with his name on them............not a bad idea.........

Of course, EJ fired him for not enough production, but I still use the brush............ ;)

Back
Top Bottom