Things No One Over 40 Should Ever Do Period

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Last edited:
Love cartoons. DW loved Jello shots. Sausage pizza warmed in a frying pan is one of the best breakfasts ever invented. Cheap liquor's better than no liquor.
Your list is for the no fun bunch!

>> 19 Watch cartoons [unless with grandkids?]

Although I could no longer consider sitting through an episode of Beavis and Butthead as when I was younger, there are a number of current ones which are good adult entertainment like Family Guy, Bob's Burgers, King of the Hill, American Dad and probably a few others.

I’d argue that several of the modern cartoons cater to adults with their adult humor.

I break so many of those! LOL!

Cartoons - great Dutch lessons available as cartoons, plus watching children’s programming in another language.

Agreed - that list is for no fun, boring life. What kind of PSA is that?

#41 -- Make of list of things people shouldn't do over 40.

If you don't want to do it, then don't. But, as my mother told me about a million times when I expressed concern about what others do, "if it doesn't affect you, then MYODB".

(My comment is for Adam Bible, who made the list, not for Midpack).

Last edited:
+1, My first thought was somebody needs to mind his own business.

Looks like the list has gone missing in cyberspace

Cartoons weren't always aimed at children. According to The Chicago Tribune in 2002, Looney Tunes (at least) were meant for adults:

Age segregation also is a fairly new development in animation as well, according to animation lecturer Robert McKimson Jr., whose father directed 35 Bugs Bunny cartoons and created Foghorn Leghorn, Tasmanian Devil and Speedy Gonzales, among other characters, for Warner Bros.' Looney Tunes.

Aimed for adults

"The Warner cartoons were aimed strictly for adults--they were never meant for children," McKimson said.

Warner cartoons and other animated short subjects (Disney characters, Popeye, Tom and Jerry and so on) were screened for audiences of all ages at movie houses before the feature presentation. But when television began packing Saturday mornings and after-school hours with those classics during the `60s, many were trimmed of excessive violence, sexual innuendo and drug and alcohol references.

Or, as McKimson puts it: "They chopped the hell out of them."

I thought the list was funny! Don't take it so seriously. Thanks for the humor.

(The link still worked for me although it's one of those annoying sites with so many links it never loads completely. Much better to read the quoted text.)

(The link still worked for me although it's one of those annoying sites with so many links it never loads completely. Much better to read the quoted text.)
There is no link. When I "quote" the OP, all I get is three dots "..." (**** added to avoid interpretation of tags):

Code:
[****QUOTE****=Midpack;2285458]...[****/****QUOTE****]

Perhaps he is editing it as we speak/type?

-ERD50

There is no link. When I "quote" the OP, all I get is three dots "..." (**** added to avoid interpretation of tags):

Code:
[****QUOTE****=Midpack;2285458]...[****/****QUOTE****]

Perhaps he is editing it as we speak/type?

-ERD50

Perhaps he took his ball and went home.

Perhaps he took his ball and went home.

Well, if so, it isn't the first time he's done that!

I was thinking he's trying to find a solid link, or save it so it can be shared, since some people seemed to have trouble with that link? But you may be right. If I'm correct, then he could post that to let us know.

What would Ockam think? :)

-ERD50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom