Things you just don't get !

I know why. These people are simply a**h***s.

My state law allows for firearm discharge against animals, and also people, for self-protection (read these dog owners, if it comes to that). It has not happened to me to pack a pistol when walking or hiking, but I understand if some do.

Amen. I carry two kinds of mace when I hike - dog and human.

Middle aged people, who should know better, who dress like slobs in public, in old blue jeans and a sweatshirt, and tennis shoes. You see them shuffling around shopping malls, like depressed zombies on quaaludes. Not just the awful clothing, but the slow, slow, slow pace, almost seems aggressive and antagonizing. Not just a couple here and there, lots of them, and in decent neighborhoods. Attack of the Zombie Slobs?

Aw geez, I've been spotted.:LOL:

Middle aged people, who should know better, who dress like slobs in public, in old blue jeans and a sweatshirt, and tennis shoes. You see them shuffling around shopping malls, like depressed zombies on quaaludes. Not just the awful clothing, but the slow, slow, slow pace, almost seems aggressive and antagonizing. Not just a couple here and there, lots of them, and in decent neighborhoods. Attack of the Zombie Slobs?

We only dress like this in the privacy of our own home. To go to the mall, we change into pajama pants.

We only dress like this in the privacy of our own home. To go to the mall, we change into pajama pants.
Remember those baggy colorful pants that were kind of "the thing" for a couple of years in the early 1990's? They looked a lot like pajama pants.

Remember those baggy colorful pants that were kind of "the thing" for a couple of years in the early 1990's? They looked a lot like pajama pants.

I thought they WERE pajama pants. :LOL:

Dressing in pajamas at the mall, sort of goes along with leaving rollers in one's hair and wearing slippers while shopping. So crude.

Dressing in pajamas at the mall, sort of goes along with leaving rollers in one's hair and wearing slippers while shopping. So crude.
I have to admit that I have a certain odd respect for that type of laissez-faire attitude. Not having cable, it gives me an extra source of free entertainment :)

I don't think people even use rollers any more--you'll have to watch out for someone leaving a curling iron in their hair while shopping.

I don't spend too much time in malls. Sandals instead of tennis shoes and a T-shirt instead of a sweatshirt - guilty. Walking slowly? That's me enjoying that fact that a nice leisurely pace will get me where I need to go and I'll arrive on time - which is anytime.

As soon as I made the decision to leave work - about a year before I actually did - I slowed down. It took me a while to notice, and I noticed at the malls, seeing people walk past me for the first time in my life. A most pleasant sensation I still enjoy.

I don't think people even use rollers any more--you'll have to watch out for someone leaving a curling iron in their hair while shopping.

Believe it or not, some people still do (and I guess most of them are in New Orleans, sadly enough). I saw someone shopping with rollers in her hair in CVS just two days ago. Eww. Not only rollers, but bright red ones.

Regarding the Kardashians, I am appalled at what passes for entertainment to some people. I don't even know why I'm talking about this.

I hope that the concept of being well-known despite having done nothing substantive to earn it will very soon be considered to be as out of date as the practice of paying CEO's exorbitant sums of money for presiding over failing companies.

I'm not holding my breath though.

As Khan used to say, when I read pop lit about "this is what women are like," I conclude that in spite of convincing physical evidence I am not actually a woman. ;)

I don't get the pillow thing, either, at least not past the early teenaged years, when the frilly bed was sort of a girls' social center.

Amethyst

Absolutely.

Actually, I rather think that we'd be better off if we (as a culture) did less competitive dressing, as long as we are clean, decent, and comfortable. And I SO look forward to being able to wear jeans and a sweatshirt rather than dressing up everyday.:dance:

As Khan used to say, when I read pop lit about "this is what women are like," I conclude that in spite of convincing physical evidence I am not actually a woman. ;)

I don't get the pillow thing, either, at least not past the early teenaged years, when the frilly bed was sort of a girls' social center.

Amethyst
Absolutely.

All my life, including my childhood, I have had either one very flat, cheap, spartan pillow or no pillow at all. That was how I was brought up.

Two years ago, I went to Target and bought six fluffy, poofy bed pillows and put them all on my bed. When I go to sleep I am surrounded by soft pillows everywhere, like floating on clouds. Guess I am living my life backwards. :LOL:

Last edited:
Regarding the Kardashians, I am appalled at what passes for entertainment to some people. I don't even know why I'm talking about this.

I hope that the concept of being well-known despite having done nothing substantive to earn it will very soon be considered to be as out of date as the practice of paying CEO's exorbitant sums of money for presiding over failing companies.

I'm not holding my breath though.
Lots of people in Hollywood that are famous for being famous.

Actually, I rather think that we'd be better off if we (as a culture) did less competitive dressing, as long as we are clean, decent, and comfortable. ...........:dance:

Mao Ze Dong instituted such system as part of the cultural revolution. And all Chinese were happy ever after. NOT.

Just sayin'....:)

Back
Top Bottom