Things you wish would die but won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckanut

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Another thread had comments about older TV's that refuse to die so that the owner can justify buying a fancy new one got me to thinking.....

What devices do we have that we would replace in a New York Minute with a newer fancier better one if the thing would only stop working properly?

My contribution is an old 4 slice Black and Decker toaster oven. It still works well. The chrome top was all black and nasty, but a touch of oven cleaner and some elbow grease got it shiny again. I covered the crumb tray with shiny foil and it toasts evenly again. It still works to heat up pizza, make warm open faced sandwiches, and of course toast bread and bagels. This morning I just used it to heat up a left over waffle from the weekend.

I really want a counter-top convection oven, but.... my old LBYM habits won't let me purchase one yet.

"New and Improved" websites for the sake of "New and Improved".

My (at least) 25 year old Sound Soother. There are newer, groovier ones. But this sucker just. won't. die.

I wish the machine that keeps call me from Card Services would die. It kills me when it says this is my last chance to save and then they call me the next day. The last chance that will never die.

I wish all the furniture stores that have been "going out of business" for the last 6 years would go ahead and give up the ghost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom