Think drones are fun...

Wow! Awesome. Thanks.

Spoiler alert!

If you watch closely the plane landing seems to have some sort of wires under it. I suspect it's not really flying but instead is on some sort of belt that goes around and around.

Still extremely cool!!

Spoiler alert!

The opening seconds....the arrival looked quite unnatural, popping through the cloth fringes, so I'm not sure that most people wouldn't recognize immediately that they were models. But out of respect, I put the alert above. I didn't see the wires the first time, though. Very cool. Makes you wonder who spent all of that time and money to build such a contraption.

from the comments section on the page: It's a model of Knuffingen Airport at Miniatur Wunderland in Hamburg, Germany. Here's a link to a news story and more pictures.
They'll need to get about 350,000 extra people to attend to break even...that should be a walk in the park. For comparison, Legoland UK got 2.2 million visitors in 2014, if you buy the data on Wikipedia.

The wires would explain what I could not. I was assuming some kind of slo-mo was used during the landings; any models of this apparent size would not stay airborne at the apparent slow speed they are traveling. Nonetheless, this is a pretty amazing video!

Interesting..... Thanks for posting.

Back
Top Bottom