thinking about my umbrella insurance

I'm getting quoted $130 for $1 million, with just one property and one vehicle for myself.

Then $100 for each $1 million in additional coverage.

Seems in line with what most folks are saying here, though most of you seem to have more vehicles and persons covered.

I'd also have to pay $30-40 more a year to raise my homeowners liability in order to get the umbrella.

So if you add cars, you not only pay more for auto insurance, your umbrella policy would go up too ...

Sounds like you might not have adequate protection right now.

I'm getting quoted $130 for $1 million, with just one property and one vehicle for myself.

Then $100 for each $1 million in additional coverage.

Seems in line with what most folks are saying here, though most of you seem to have more vehicles and persons covered.

I'd also have to pay $30-40 more a year to raise my homeowners liability in order to get the umbrella.

So if you add cars, you not only pay more for auto insurance, your umbrella policy would go up too ...

Umbrella insurance is not instead of car or home insurance, it's in addition to car or home insurance. They insist the primary insurances (home, auto, boat, rental, etc) be of a certain level so that the umbrella insurance is not triggered at a lower level.

I'm not sure if adding additional cars has a big impact on the price of the umbrella policy - I would think it adds a little, but not a lot... the bigger price hit is covering this additional car to the levels required for the umbrella policy.

I have a rental property that is on the same lot as our primary home and I have teenagers. I feel that the umbrella policy gives me protection I need.

Back
Top Bottom