This is it!

Timeisprecious

Recycles dryer sheets
Well, it's hard to believe - today's my last day at my military installation. Tomorrow morning DW and I start our drive to MD for an hour of out-processing, and then I'm done - back home to Michigan for retirement.

My retirement ceremony was yesterday - very nice. I received my medal and commendation, folded flag, letter from the president, etc. ... you military retirees know what I'm talking about (the "swag"). Today it's just keeping the files I want, getting rid of the rest, and the final sign-out. I can't believe it - these last several months have gone so fast!

Retirement at first may not seem like it - we're moving our things into our new retirement home and then overseeing the installation of a bathroom while we unpack. *Whew!* I'll be ready for our first trip!

So nice - this will be my first time home from Christmas in a few decades. The parents and sibs are waiting for us ... wow. Heard the song "I'll be home for Christmas" the other day and smiled in my soul - I really will be!

Taking my camera for my final shot of the place. Wish me well, all ... signing off; more later. :)

Congrats.
Excellent post.

Congratulations! My last night in the Navy was spent getting one of my sailors out of the brig.

Well done, sir! Congrats to you and your DW. Keep us updated on how you settle into the new life.

Last edited:
One chapter closed another one opening. Congrats! Welcome to the check of the month club.

Congratulations. Welcome back to Michigan.

Greeting: you are hereby ordered for induction...

My retirement ceremony was yesterday - very nice. I received my medal and commendation, folded flag, letter from the president

In my youth, a letter from the president meant you were entering military service, not exiting it. :LOL:

Congrats, and please don't be a stranger. Many folks here post updates on how they are adapting to retirement. I learn a lot from them. Yours will be a double transition, both from w*rk to RE and from military to civilian, so it should be rich with lessons.

Congratulations and enjoy your family Christmas celebration!
Keep us updated on your new retirement life.

Congrats and thank you for posting. I have to run and grab a hankie now. Someone is apparently cutting onions in my office.

And thank you for your service!!!!!

Such a great story. Congrats and enjoy your first FIRE Holiday.

Great news! Congrats and enjoy your retirement. :dance:

omni

Heard the song "I'll be home for Christmas" the other day and smiled in my soul - I really will be!

And not "only in your mind" [because the song is about not being home—written in 1943 for soldiers away from home].

Congratulations! But the REAL party comes when you get that first gubbmint pension check! Hooah!

Good for you. Enjoy retirement!

Congratulations. :)

I was stationed in Italy when I retired. My family had to go back stateside a month before me, along with our HouseHold Goods shipment. So I was in the barracks by myself as a geo-bach my last month. My ceremony did not include my wife or children.

I hope that you go on to enjoy your well earned retirement. :)

Back
Top Bottom