This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and just in time. Although I have no idea what I'd do if the water rose above the floor level of the house. It would certainly answer our question of just how watertight the doors are. :)

+1

:) I get lots of pleasure giving local South Florida weather updates to my Chicago based family members, especially when it gets below zero there. :)

View attachment 23511

I share photos like this with my friend in Chicago--but only to get her to book her flight here for her next vacation.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Last edited:
I'm afraid to discuss our local weather here.... Lets just say I'm wearing shorts and have all the windows open.... Dug out the boys spring wetsuits for planned beach/surfing this week.

I've noticed the number of posts slamming California goes down noticeably this time of year :)

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

I've noticed the number of posts slamming California goes down noticeably this time of year :)

We lived in San Diego for a year in the mid 1980s. Loved the weather. We spent Valentine's Day on the beach Rodi likes.

BTW, its snowing heavily right now here in the mountains.

65 and sunny here, like it is almost everyday in San Francisco!

Sorry everyone, the great year round weather is one of the best reasons to live in the Bay Area.

;--)

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

I share photos like this with my friend in Chicago--but only to get her to book her flight here for her next vacation.

I know what you mean - I share photos like this. Arizona from last week. And the Illinois weather shot was a few days ago in a warm spell.

Attachments

• watchweather.jpg
    watchweather.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 6
The weather finally cleared out. A cloudless sky and a bright, beautiful Easter morning! Oh, and it is a balmy 10 degrees. :LOL:

So glad you Colorado residents finally got a break!

It's dark and rainy/drizzling here in New Orleans this Easter morning with predicted highs in the mid 70's (F). No thunder or severe weather thus far but it is sure wet outside. My new lawn is loving it.

Last edited:
We had a gorgeous day here in London, UK on Good Friday, clear blue sky 61 degrees F but last 2 days have been around 50 degrees, dark and rainy, pining for our first 70 degree day, may have to wait until about May for that!

It snowed off and on all day yesterday. Probably a total of about 4 inches. This morning the Jeep said it was 2 degrees. That is pretty cold for this time of year. The sky is clear and it should be a very nice day today.

It snowed off and on all day yesterday. Probably a total of about 4 inches. This morning the Jeep said it was 2 degrees. That is pretty cold for this time of year. The sky is clear and it should be a very nice day today.

It's clear in Colorado because all the clouds are down here in Louisiana! :LOL: It's dark as night and rainy with a flash flood watch and low, black, ominous looking clouds everywhere here (much darker than they appear in the photo I just took, below, for some reason). But my house is not in an especially flood prone part of town, and my new lawn will love the extra rain so it's all good. Temperature is already 73F at 9:30 AM.

Attachments

• Rain on 04-01-2016.jpg
    Rain on 04-01-2016.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Jusa had some rain, snow and sleet all at the same time in SW PA. Tomorrow night 50 MPH gusts scheduled by Mother nature.

This weather is awful!!

We had 50 mph winds, power outages and some snow flurries today. Trees falling on cars. Luckily not mine.

We had 50 mph winds, power outages and some snow flurries today. Trees falling on cars. Luckily not mine.

Wow, that's wild weather! I'm glad to read that your car didn't get crunched.

We had 6" rain in just a few hours yesterday. It's all gone now, though.

We have gotten off easy this winter. Had about 8 inchees of snow all winter all of it early December. Had 2 or 3 nights that got down to 20 below. I always look forward to El Nino winters since for us they are much milder than normal.

It looks like another storm is hitting the Northeast. But here in the Southwest, it is warming up again.

Looking for the Summer
by Chris Rea

Look deep into the April face
A change has clearly taken place
Looking for the summer

The eyes take on a certain gaze
And leave behind the springtime days
Go looking for the summer

The last couple of days have been warm and nice. Today was nice too. This afternoon I looked up while working on my house and I couldn't see the mountain peaks that are a couple miles off. I buttoned things up and headed inside. It is snowing heavily now. Shouldn't last long and then several days of nice weather again. I'm going skiing tomorrow so all is well. :)

Wylie, TX saw hail as large as 4.5", softball size. All school campuses closed today due the extensive damage.

Wylie, TX saw hail as large as 4.5", softball size. All school campuses closed today due the extensive damage.
I saw that on the news. I can't even imagine hail that size. Most we get around here is pea size and smaller and it doesn't last more than a couple of minutes. We did have hail, think it was last week, that was pea size but never saw so much. Winds were high and really driving it. I was kicking myself that I hadn't put my truck in the garage (had thought about it when I heard the weather report) but it's never that bad. Luckily no damage. Still, can't imagine the golf ball size and larger that others get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom