Thoughts concerns for ex military.

dumpster56

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I was watching a news show the past hour with the ex CIA guy who was involved in tracking and taking out Bin Laden. His response was that Bin Laden should have been killed in 2002, and that he is stronger now than he was on 9/11 and planning something awfully bad.

Any response on the situation of Bin Laden still alive? What is anyones take on the war on terror.?

I have mostly respect for the military. They do the best they can and a pretty good job. But, by design, they carry out the orders of their political masters which I do find suspect.

As to the 'war on terror', probably some appropriate undercover stuff is going on. Over here, every time I go through airport security or 'enhanced' security at work and many other places I do not feel safer, I conclude the terrorists have won.

BBB,

I think the CIA guy is right. However, the big thing is already happening, right in front of our eyes. Local groups becoming aggressive. We are doing it to ourselves--ol' B-L needn't even get out of his chair.

I also think that Bin-Laden is alive, but his mobility is severely restricted.

I was watching a news show the past hour with the ex CIA guy who was involved in tracking and taking out Bin Laden. His response was that Bin Laden should have been killed in 2002, and that he is stronger now than he was on 9/11 and planning something awfully bad.

Any response on the situation of Bin Laden still alive? What is anyones take on the war on terror.?

What the CIA guy claims doesn't surprise me one way or the other. As far as being able to take him out in 2002, I'm sure we were trying very hard, but it's difficult to target a single person or small group -- especially if one is trying to avoid collateral damage. In the end, rules of engagement are more political than military.

As far as the war on terror, it's becoming as effective as the war on poverty, the war on drugs, and every other "war" against an ill defined enemy that we've had.

A few years ago I did a quick and dirty analysis of the average time that criminal spent on the FBI most wanted list. I don't remember the exact number but it was roughly 4.5 years. People like the Unibomber (19 years) helped move the average up. But if you considered that almost all of the FBI's 10 most wanted were in the US it isn't shocking that we haven't found a wealthy smart individual hiding out in some of the most backwards parts of the globle.

Back
Top Bottom