Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-31-2010, 11:41 AM   #261
gone traveling

I hear Jesse is building a custom ride for Tiger in exchange for golfing lessons...
Westernskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2010, 03:54 PM   #262
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I hear they are trading little black book, which I guess now days is actually blackberries.
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:17 PM   #263
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

This will come as no surprise, but the divorce has been confirmed by the parties involved.

Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren divorce - Telegraph

Cliff, seems like Elin is now available, so what is your next move going to be?

I be a girl, he's a boy. Think I maybe FIRED since July 08. Mid 40s, no kidlets. Actually am totally clueless as to what is going on with DH.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:07 PM   #264
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
This will come as no surprise, but the divorce has been confirmed by the parties involved.

Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren divorce - Telegraph

Cliff, seems like Elin is now available, so what is your next move going to be?
Can't speak for Cliff, but I wouldn't take that ice maiden on a bet. Now any of those Tiger floozies might be another story, if any of them have a taste for frugal, impecunious old men.

Ha
Old 08-23-2010, 05:31 PM   #265
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
Can't speak for Cliff, but I wouldn't take that ice maiden on a bet. Now any of those Tiger floozies might be another story, if any of them have a taste for frugal, impecunious old men.

Ha
Not even if she asked nicely and said please I got a feeling most of Tiger's other girlfriends were probably as much interested in Tiger's money and fame as they were in Tiger.

I be a girl, he's a boy. Think I maybe FIRED since July 08. Mid 40s, no kidlets. Actually am totally clueless as to what is going on with DH.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:01 AM   #266
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

Ha

Just curious on how you know she is an ice maiden

I think she is beautiful... can't say anything about her personality, but she seems to smile and laugh when I have seen her on the TV...
Texas Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:40 PM   #267
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Proud View Post
Just curious on how you know she is an ice maiden

I think she is beautiful... can't say anything about her personality, but she seems to smile and laugh when I have seen her on the TV...
I don't know about her personality either, haven't never met her (yet). I think she is gorgeous also. "You can never be too thin or too rich" and after the divorce she is so rich, I'll never have to worry about SWRs.

So here is my plan.
1. Lose 20 lbs
2. Plan a trip to where ever she and the kids settle down
3. Write her a nice letter, expressing my admiration for the classy way she has conducted herself in this sordid affair.

I am open to suggestions on what else to include on the letter. What type of things to send a girl who has everything, that won't seem overly scary stalker type. I am guessing their is going to be some competition for the elegant Elin.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:47 PM   #268
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifp View Post
I am open to suggestions on what else to include on the letter. What type of things to send a girl who has everything, that won't seem overly scary stalker type. I am guessing their is going to be some competition for the elegant Elin.
Try crotchless panties. They should strike the right balance of fun and adventurous while also being respectful.

This might help your selection process. http://www.fredericks.com/on/demandw...o.x=23&Go.y=14
Old 08-24-2010, 02:03 PM   #269
Give me a forum ...

HaHa I can always count on you to provide valuable advice. It is worth ever penny I spend on it.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:49 PM   #270
Gone but not forgotten

Clifp , You need to dazzle her with your sincerity , faithfulness and financial knowledge . Ignore Ha's suggestion that was only if you were after that Perkins waitress that Tiger cheated with . You need something much classier .
GUIA LA BRUNA
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:52 PM   #271
Moderator Emeritus

Clif, Elin might appreciate knowing that you hate golf, too.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:30 PM   #272
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
Clifp , You need to dazzle her with your sincerity , faithfulness and financial knowledge . Ignore Ha's suggestion that was only if you were after that Perkins waitress that Tiger cheated with . You need something much classier .
GUIA LA BRUNA
Moe, I will admit that this choice possesses a certain je ne sais quoi that is perhaps missing from my Fredericks choices. But maybe she isn't so classy after all? Maybe after losing Tiger she might see the benefit of a bit more trash?
Old 08-24-2010, 06:02 PM   #273
Give me a forum ...

Yes, and put them on your head. You want a gal with a bawdy sense of humor.

[QUOTE=haha;971389]Try crotchless panties.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:05 PM   #274
Give me a forum ...

Huh? Seeing that Tiger is about as trashy and classless as a guy can get? I still cringe when I think about those Vanity Fair articles...all husband and I have to do is say, "Tiger in the parking lot!" and the other one cracks up....

Quote:
Maybe after losing Tiger she might see the benefit of a bit more trash?
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:13 PM   #275
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestwifeever View Post
Clif, Elin might appreciate knowing that you hate golf, too.

LOL, that makes me feel much better I was definitely going to include that in my letter. Did I mention that I hated golf in some thread, because I really do. Actually, I did like Tiger and Michelle Wie since she is local girl.
Now you cynics may suspect the reason I hate golf is because I really suck at the game, and you would be right. But also one of my heroes is Winston Churchill and he famously described the game as a "good walk spoiled".

HaHa to be clear, Elin didn't lose Tiger. Tiger lost Elin. I suspect that vast majority of men and women realize who the big loser was. Of course for the guy who suggests crotchless panties from Fredricks geez. I once lost major major points arguing with a girlfriend that only difference between Victoria Secrets and Fredrick's was the label.

Now the Italian lingerie shop that is superior suggestion although maybe more appropriate after our first date.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:48 PM   #276
Gone but not forgotten

Quote:
Maybe after losing Tiger she might see the benefit of a bit more trash?

After ridding herself of Tiger she is laughing all the way to the bank ! In five years she went from being a poor nanny to a very wealthy woman . Now who is the loser in this scenario ?
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:55 PM   #277
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
After ridding herself of Tiger she is laughing all the way to the bank ! In five years she went from being a poor nanny to a very wealthy woman . Now who is the loser in this scenario ?
OK, I concede. She is almost perfect, he is a cad.

And in in the interest of making me look better, I have not given anyone any crotchless panties in 25 years. They are cute, though, aren't they?

Ha
Old 08-24-2010, 07:27 PM   #278
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
And in in the interest of making me look better, I have not given anyone any crotchless panties in 25 years.

Ha
How about the edible kind?
Old 08-24-2010, 08:58 PM   #279
Give me a forum ...

Humm... My DIL knows a gal who dated Tiger's caddy. She wasn't surprised. I just wonder how this episode will effect his contract with NIKE (which usually has some form of 'morals' clause). Both parties have much invested.

Tiger has lost a LOT, not that he hasn't 'earned' the consequences.

Frankly, Tiger has no good excuse for his behavior, he forgot that he is a 'brand' as well as a husband. The sport has lost, his family is lost, and many corporations and non-profits he represented have lost. For their sake I hope he finds his way back.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:18 PM   #280
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifp View Post
LOL, that makes me feel much better I was definitely going to include that in my letter. Did I mention that I hated golf in some thread, because I really do. Actually, I did like Tiger and Michelle Wie since she is local girl.
Now you cynics may suspect the reason I hate golf is because I really suck at the game, and you would be right. But also one of my heroes is Winston Churchill and he famously described the game as a "good walk spoiled".
Even if you loved golf, it would be important to start hating it to get on the right side of Elin so that she would want to spend some of her share of Tiger's fortune on you. Also you would not want her to be able to get her hands on a golf club in the event you had a little argument with her, so better to not bring your irons into her house (note the softball I have lobbed over about bringing your woods and putter into her house... )