Tiger in a pile of p/r poop.............

To summarize, I agree - 1 billion seems fair. And I'd suggest the pay czar step up and regulate what he actually receives in spending money. I mean I'm all for helping out those in need, but we need to have some accountability for what our tax dollars would be supporting. We don't want him going crazy with his money - we've seen where (or to whom) that has led him.
thumbsup.gif

I would say, though, that based on the reports so far, he is much more careful with his money. No hookers in the price league ala Eliot Spitzer, Jack Nicholson or Charlie Sheen.

someecards - a free ecards web site with some really different user generated cards - has a couple of funny Tiger themed cards.

May you experience the same unbridled joy this holiday season as the retailers Tiger Woods chooses for his wife's Christmas presents | Free Christmas Season Ecards, Christmas Season Cards, Christmas Season Greeting Cards, Funny Christmas Season Ecard

I wish Sarah Palin was as silent as Tiger Woods | Free Christmas Season Ecards, Christmas Season Cards, Christmas Season Greeting Cards, Funny Christmas Season Ecards at someecards.com

Since I definitely can throw stones myself I can talk about this: Tiger is up to 11 now according to an article I just read, but 11 is iffy and has not been confirmed as yet. I'm glad Tiger has found a way to "relax" himself after a hard day on the green...snicker!

Maybe one of our law enforcement types can confirm that when someone confesses to committing "x", the actual total is usually something like "4X"?? :confused:

Sad, anyway you look at it especially for his wife and kids-Tiger will probably weather the storm OK; I heard he is getting advice on how to handle this from Bill Clinton...:D

Wow! Tiger's sorry to the tune of $100Mil for Elie now...that's REALLY paying retail for "sorry" in my book.

Wow! Tiger's sorry to the tune of $100Mil for Elie now...that's REALLY paying retail for "sorry" in my book.

I would take the money and leave his sorry a$$ behind. The Golf Channel is broadcasting his announced hiatus from golf as though it's something on par with the Cuban missile crisis. Lord....I love golf but come on. Can you imagine if he sits out a year or so and then comes back?
img_883277_0_7bd9eabcb00192ca198d19cb176ee024.jpg

Even if all 11 mistresses were really Tiger's mistresses, and if the real figure is 4x that, Tiger would still be in the Continental Basketball League of sexual conquests when compared to other sports celebrities.

He is held to a higher standard than most, whether fair or not.

I really don't care what Tiger does or doesn't do. If anything I wish the media would give some of this time and attention to real news. But I don't understand this comment about standards. He's a married guy, so there's a pretty well established standard that doesn't include having an affair, or 9 or 12 or whatever it ends up.

As a public figure with endorsements who makes a significant part of his income as a role model it seems reasonable to expect this kind of scrutiny, but enough already. Next.

Seems like a guy that lived his life to please his dominating and controlling father. Always had to be Mr. Perfect and a goody two shoes. Once free of that control, he decided to cut loose and please himself a little. :LOL:

While I'm sure he liked his wife, he probably never wanted to be married and just did it because he was supposed to. To keep up the image his father would want him to have.

I've known people like this, especially in high school that were forced to live up to some perfect image for their parents and then turned into coke heads later on in life.

I think Tiger's best course of action is to cut the family loose, heal the face and get back on the golf course and WIN! He will ultimately be defined by his golf skill and not his private life. He's the flavour of the month for the tabloids, but this will pass like it does for every celebrity.

His private life didn't hinder him from just being named the Athlete of the Decade.
Tiger Woods voted athlete of the decade by members of The Associated Press - ESPN

Early on some talking heads said that she needed to leave him--that would provide the appropriate justice to him (i.e., he will be puhlenty punished both financially and emotionally) and the media/public would let him move on with his life (and get back on the golf course!!).

Trek makes one of the more cogent posts on this Tiger issue. I think, indeed Tiger not so much "cheated" on his wife (whatever that really means) so much as not being true to himself at various points in his life. I also rarely just look at these types of situations topically, and anyone whose been married a significant time knows there's always multiple sides to any story. Our society typically looks at most news stories with a very myopic view and what makes us feel most comfortable relative to our own foilbles (? spelling), shortcomings and life experiences. I don't believe all of this happened strictly as what has been promulgated in the media and to what extent Elin's selection of her mate and knowing (or not knowing) him very well before marraige. If this has been going on for 3-5 years or whatever alledged time frame, what was going on at home...........:confused:??

Life AIN'T always as it appears to me...Don't believe the hype.

I say, Tiger, buy her and the kids the house, write the check, return to playing golf, make more millions and..............DON'T GET MARRIED !!

End of Story

There's something you guys are missing when it comes to dividing the estate and being punished financially. Tiger Woods reportedly has over billion dollars. That's billion with a "B." It's not easy to financially punish someone with that kind of dough.

Even if he were to lose 90% of his dough, he'd still have 100 million dollars. It would be hard to blow through that kind of coin in a lifetime.

Well, I am surprised I had not jumped in on this one.... but I guess I will...

IMO, there is no excuse for cheating on a partner... none.. if you are not getting what you want with them, then you break up and then go get it... if it is sex you want, but the rest of your marriage is OK, then there needs to be a heart to heart... and the 'other' has to do their part.. now, if it is so wide a gap that it can not be compromised (like some guys I have heard.. the wife does not want sex but maybe once a month... he wants it every day)... then you go back to the first... you do not cheat... they might agree that you can get a little on the side (a don't ask, don't tell policy)... but then it is not 'cheating' as the person really knows...

I really don't care that much what someone does in their private life... as long as they are not trying to say they are 'faithful' or whatever... take a look at Dennis Rodman back when.... never pretended to be faithful... but was not married either... so Tiger needed to ask himself what was more important to him... and it does not seem to be what he was trying to present to the world...

I am surprised with the celeb endorsements... but I guess they must work since there are so many dollars going to them... I don't buy something because Tiger or Mike or whomever uses the product...

If Elin does split... he might as well get back to golf... that is going to be his major souce of income.... (except of course his already big wealth)...

Well, I am surprised I had not jumped in on this one.... but I guess I will...

IMO, there is no excuse for cheating on a partner... none.. if you are not getting what you want with them, then you break up and then go get it... if it is sex you want, but the rest of your marriage is OK, then there needs to be a heart to heart... and the 'other' has to do their part.. now, if it is so wide a gap that it can not be compromised (like some guys I have heard.. the wife does not want sex but maybe once a month... he wants it every day)... then you go back to the first... you do not cheat... they might agree that you can get a little on the side (a don't ask, don't tell policy)... but then it is not 'cheating' as the person really knows...

I really don't care that much what someone does in their private life... as long as they are not trying to say they are 'faithful' or whatever... take a look at Dennis Rodman back when.... never pretended to be faithful... but was not married either... so Tiger needed to ask himself what was more important to him... and it does not seem to be what he was trying to present to the world...

I am surprised with the celeb endorsements... but I guess they must work since there are so many dollars going to them... I don't buy something because Tiger or Mike or whomever uses the product...

If Elin does split... he might as well get back to golf... that is going to be his major souce of income.... (except of course his already big wealth)...

I pretty much agree. And Tiger should get a few body tattoos and earrings like Rodman.:) That would be more believable than the image he has been portraying. I admit, I'm not a Tiger fan.;)

I pretty much agree. And Tiger should get a few body tattoos and earrings like Rodman.:) That would be more believable than the image he has been portraying. I admit, I'm not a Tiger fan.;)

I am not a golf fan, really suck at the game, but I [-]am[/-] was a Tiger fan. I have long ago given up that kids in this country would look up to businessman, inventors, scientist, politicians, like they do in some other countries. So given my choice between making Dennis Rodman, and Adam Lambart, Brittany Spears, and the Osborne role models, and a hard working, family man like the old Tiger Woods.. I'll go with Tiger every time.

I think one of the really tragedies of the Tiger story is its impact on kids. A Facebook Friend posted an awkward exchange between him and his 8 year old boy about Tiger, which he managed to get out of by changing the subject. I don't know how you explain to an 8 year old, why Tiger isn't playing golf anymore, but people are constantly talking about him.

I am a Tiger fan and seriously hope he bounces back from this fiasco with some degree of class.

To all the men who wish they were Tiger, and to all the women who would have given anything for a night with the Tiger, oh.... and don't let me leave out the sanctimonious (?sp), super moral, holier than thou, finger pointing hypocrites......let's not get a peek at your dirty laundry and display it on national TV ......get a life !

I feel for Tiger. If you can't use all that dominating skill for what nature intended you to use it-to get more nookie- what's the point?

Maybe this thread explains why the goal here is to quit, while the goal of most of these hotshots is to dominate their fields and get better and better and sleep with as many beautiful women as they can find time for.

My takeaway on this is if you are a superstar a) don't get married and b) if you do get married, try to avoid domestic disputes. Tiger got off lightly just having his head beat on with a golf club. Look at poor Chris Henry.

Ha

Always look on the bright side. This is Phil Mickleson's big chance! No more second place finishes for a while!

Back
Top Bottom