Tiger Woods.........

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
What a finish yesterday.........:D

One thing I AM getting SICK of is everyone making excuses for when someone screws up at the end of a tournament and Tiger takes advantage..........that is way old.

It wasn't Tiger's fault O'Hair hit it into the water.........:)

One thing I AM getting SICK of is everyone making excuses for when someone screws up at the end of a tournament and Tiger takes advantage..........that is way old.

It wasn't Tiger's fault O'Hair hit it into the water.........:)
Let's face it -- these players are human and Tiger, well... barely is, at least when it comes to golf. When they see him in the rear view mirror, they sense doom.

If you're up by 5 strokes into the last day and you have Joe Shlabotnik behind you, you're not going to look over your shoulder and press. When it's Tiger Woods, you do. At your own peril.

Let's face it -- these players are human and Tiger, well... barely is, at least when it comes to golf. When they see him in the rear view mirror, they sense doom.

If you're up by 5 strokes into the last day and you have Joe Shlabotnik behind you, you're not going to look over your shoulder and press. When it's Tiger Woods, you do. At your own peril.

He even makes Ernie Els, Phil Mickelson, and Vijay press. It would seem he looks ready for the Masters.........:D

If Tiger wins the Masters, the golf world will go nuts......

Tiger just makes the others wilt, cringe, shrink, falter or otherwise screw up. The win yesterday was fair warning to the entire PGA tour. HE'S BACK!!! Coming from five strokes down after having layed off that long really made a statement. On the other hand, I would have liked to seen Sean O'Hair win also. Great story, this young man what with his troubled past in dealing with his father.

Great story, this young man what with his troubled past in dealing with his father.

The method is in question, but it seems his dad sacrificed also:

He turned professional in 1999 after his junior year at high school at Brophy College Preparatory in Phoenix, Arizona under the direction of his father, Marc O'Hair, who sold his share of the family shutter business in Lubbock for $2.75 million to develop Sean into a touring pro. The elder O'Hair moved the family to Florida and enrolled Sean in the David Leadbetter Golf Academy.
A featured article by Steve Elling in the January 21, 2005 Golf World alleged:
Marc O'Hair, 52, signed management contracts with his son, says he invested $2 million in his boy's professional future and subjected Sean to a physical and psychological regimen that would make most drill sergeants blush. Sean broke free in 2002 and has not spoken to his father since a perfunctory greeting at Sean's wedding more than two years ago.[1]

Even though UNC (my favorite college basketball team) was playing at the same time, I was switching channels back and forth to watch what Tiger was doing. If he is not in a tournament I don't even turn it on. He is worth the price of admission.

Tiger made some tough putts to win, but how about that bunker shot? If he hadn't dug himself out of the edge of that bunker he wouldn't have been in position to make the putt. If it had been me I'd still be digging myself out of the bunker.

Back
Top Bottom