Tire Tread Depth--Penny vs Quarter

Has anybody who has bought tires from Costco brought them in for rotation? Do you need an appointment? How long did it take?

Lately, some locations are offering appointments. Nevertheless, I would not plan for less than an hour. I usually chat with their tire desk and find out which days of the week are their lightest and go for first thing.

A long time ago. No appointment needed. Usually took a long time - 1.5 hours.

I know it seems to take forever but then I realized 15 min per wheel is an hour. Add another 15 min for raising/lowering and backing up plus getting around to calling you--90 min not surprising.
Go early and the right day you might get lucky and have two techs on your car to get you out in an less than hour. No guarantees YMMV

I know it seems to take forever but then I realized 15 min per wheel is an hour. Add another 15 min for raising/lowering and backing up plus getting around to calling you--90 min not surprising.

It should only take them a few minutes. I can swap my winter to summer tires and vice versa in a half hour...and I just have a floor jack instead of a lift.

Cannot imagine installing mediocre tires on our vehicles or waiting until the last minute to replace them.

The only thing between us and he road is the tires. Something to consider when one is going down the road at 60 or 70 mph. My perspective is that we cannot afford not to have good tires in good condition. Feel the same way about brakes.

We always buy from Costco. Having a set installed on our summer car next week to take advantage of a sale. We can make appts (on line or in person) to have our tires installed, or rotated. Extremely pleased with Costo's road hazard offer. We have had slow leaks repaired and damaged tires replaced.

Back
Top Bottom