Today at the Farmers Market

Nice pics

Love the farmer's markets! One of the reasons I enjoy summers here so much. Very reasonable, lovely goods and friendly folks. I making the short drive up to Johnstown, PA next month for the VegFest and looking forward to the food and the speakers. I am not a vegetarian but I am trying to eat less meat(and when I do I try to make it locally raised).

Cool. I don't remember Farmer's Markets when I was a kid at all. Seems to me that this event made some type of resurgence in many areas of the country or am I wrong? Someone correct me on this, please.

Cool. I don't remember Farmer's Markets when I was a kid at all. Seems to me that this event made some type of resurgence in many areas of the country or am I wrong? Someone correct me on this, please.

I don't remember any either. I grew up in a small town in Nebraska. My parents had "home delivery" of sweet corn every week from a local farmer. I remember the "egg lady" also making home deliveries. Also, we always visited the local orchards to pick apples and peaches. But, no farmers markets like today.

Back
Top Bottom