Join Early Retirement Today

Old 08-30-2018, 01:20 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
Didn't have daycare when I was a kid, but when I got to kindergarten at age 4 1/2, mom was so glad to get rid of me, she opened the car door and said: "Go through that door and I'll see you in a few hours"

Somehow, someway, through some act of God and my guardian angels, and as unbelievable as it might sound, I managed to survive.
Lol. You make a completely obvious and valid point. At first I took the note to be an issue with my son wanting more goodbyes...but in reality the provider was coaching me the parent and it makes perfect sense. She followed up by saying fall transition is usually hard..and for the parent not the kid lol. I did one quick hug today and he cried and I had to kind of shut the door and mobe him away to make it quick today. This was new lol. First time he was so upset at dropoff since we started with the new provider and he cried that first transitional week.

At the end of the day I feel like hes safe and I can go about my work day knowing I can trust the provider and to me that peace of mind is worth every penny I spend on his care.
kgtest is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2018, 01:34 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
Didn't have daycare when I was a kid, but when I got to kindergarten at age 4 1/2, mom was so glad to get rid of me, she opened the car door and said: "Go through that door and I'll see you in a few hours"
Your mom drove you to kindergarten? I had to walk, it was about a mile. Uphill both ways of course.
Old 08-30-2018, 01:53 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt34 View Post
Your mom drove you to kindergarten? I had to walk, it was about a mile. Uphill both ways of course.

Usually in a blizzard or driving rain! With no shoes!
6miths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 03:17 PM   #24

There is a SAHM who lives at end of cul-de-sac who divorced her husband after he put her through college and grad school for accounting, and she refused to get a job. He had an accounting office in the house.

She has NEVER said good bye to her 3 kids, she is the ultimate helicopter mom. She drives them to the bus stop, and walks them to the bus; and she is there in afternoon to help them off the bus and drive them home. The street has 6 houses on each side, before cul de sac The oldest is a junior in high school, and I'm sure he wants to climb under a rock. Last year, the door bell rang, and it was the mother, and three kids selling some restaurant discount card for the band. The MOM gave the "spiel" about the cards, she has remarried, but he lives in a different city, state. I'm just waiting to read about them kids in the newspaper one day, well, see them on TV, as I don't get the newspaper anymore. She probably takes their lunch to school.
Winemaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 03:41 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winemaker View Post
There is a SAHM who lives at end of cul-de-sac who divorced her husband after he put her through college and grad school for accounting, and she refused to get a job. He had an accounting office in the house.

She has NEVER said good bye to her 3 kids, she is the ultimate helicopter mom. She drives them to the bus stop, and walks them to the bus; and she is there in afternoon to help them off the bus and drive them home. The street has 6 houses on each side, before cul de sac The oldest is a junior in high school, and I'm sure he wants to climb under a rock. Last year, the door bell rang, and it was the mother, and three kids selling some restaurant discount card for the band. The MOM gave the "spiel" about the cards, she has remarried, but he lives in a different city, state. I'm just waiting to read about them kids in the newspaper one day, well, see them on TV, as I don't get the newspaper anymore. She probably takes their lunch to school.
Lol. She sounds like a winner. As for her ex the saying goes....there is a sucker born every minute. In his case a big ole WonderPop lol
kgtest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 03:42 PM   #26
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6miths View Post
Usually in a blizzard or driving rain! With no shoes!
Blizzard? The snow was soo deep we had to jump fence post to fence post to keep from being buried alive.
Murf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 04:08 PM   #27
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf2 View Post
Blizzard? The snow was soo deep we had to jump fence post to fence post to keep from being buried alive.
And, because it was snowing, you had to carry lumps of coal in your pockets for the stove.
davebarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 04:10 PM   #28

You had pockets?
We had to carry the coal in our cheeks.

Old 08-30-2018, 06:35 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
And, because it was snowing, you had to carry lumps of coal in your pockets for the stove.
Lucky you having a stove! Ours was a fire pit dug in the earthen floor.
Old 08-30-2018, 07:29 PM   #30

Joking aside, who can remember walking on top of the snowbanks at the side of the road that were higher than the roofs of the passing vehicles? Those were the days.
6miths is offline   Reply With Quote