Top travel destinations for 2017

I also found the complete list of W2R's top travel destinations:

1. New Orleans

We enjoy the big parties , Amsterdam in April ( Kings Day ) Key West in October ( Fantasy Fest )

Hey, Idaho is on the list!

The northern part of Idaho has some very nice mountain ranges. They don't grow potatoes there, you know? I have been there on two RV treks, but stayed only a few days each time. One can certainly stay a lot longer. And I like Boise downtown too. It is charming and not crowded as many larger cities. And Idaho wine country is not crowded and commercialized like Napa Valley.

We have plans to visit the Pacific NW and British Columbia in July. We just began the planning phase and will probably start in Seattle, then Vancouver, so if anyone out there has experience or recommendations for outdoor (mostly) adventures and places to stay, please feel free to chime in.
Chuck

#5 Sri Lanka: Haven't been back since 1985, but always liked it there.

We have plans to visit the Pacific NW and British Columbia in July. We just began the planning phase and will probably start in Seattle, then Vancouver, so if anyone out there has experience or recommendations for outdoor (mostly) adventures and places to stay, please feel free to chime in.
Chuck

Requests for information on BC come up at least monthly and appear to be increasing in frequency. Perhaps you could search the existing threads before asking some more specific questions.

Tourism in BC was up 17% in 2016 and 2017 is expected to be busier, based on several factors, including the exchange rate, Canada's 150th Birthday, and the NY Times ranking of Canada as the #1 place to visit this year. Best to start your planning early. Oh, and welcome!

Destination British Columbia | Official Tourism and Travel Website for BC Canada

Trying to plan my vacation for this spring now. I did a fairly extensive tour of Idaho in 2015, so it won't be on my list for this year, but I would enjoy another visit. Thinking of maybe somewhere in New England or perhaps the lake coast area in Michigan. I need to get busy and make plans or else the year goes by with only little trips and no real big vacation (like 2016).

Was there two years ago. Completely dominated on the coast by Russian tourists.

I 'fled' north.

Bummer...I always had the idea of possibly going back for a fourth visit...perhaps I left it too long.

Trying to plan my vacation for this spring now. I did a fairly extensive tour of Idaho in 2015, so it won't be on my list for this year, but I would enjoy another visit. Thinking of maybe somewhere in New England or perhaps the lake coast area in Michigan. I need to get busy and make plans or else the year goes by with only little trips and no real big vacation (like 2016).

You can spend a couple of months in the New England area. Boston is the best, in my opinion. So much history.

Just spend 10 days in New York City at Christmas. Lovely and many international people there.

Too much to list, but if you haven't been to the New England area, I would say go.

Good luck with your plans and have fun on any trips you go on!

Ah, the world looks small when you fly over it at 33,000 ft and 550 mph. Get down on the ground, and even with a car you cannot see it all. I have never backpacked, but on foot a half-day hike does not get me very far.

Some people say they don't like to travel and I understand that, but how can one say that he has seen it all, or seen enough?

Some people say they don't like to travel and I understand that, but how can one say that he has seen it all, or seen enough?

I've lived in Idaho almost 6 years and still haven't been to stanley or sun valley (i.e. I need to FIRE)

I also found the complete list of W2R's top travel destinations:

1. New Orleans

That's it! :ROFLMAO:

I haven't been out of the New Orleans metro area for years. Always something new to discover, new things going on, and the place I stay at is heaven on earth to me. :D

I've lived in Idaho almost 6 years and still haven't been to stanley or sun valley (i.e. I need to FIRE)
The road from Stanley to Boise via Idaho City caused me to sweat bullets with my motorhome. I had a nightmare that night, no kidding.

A friend just linked on facebook a New Yorker or NYT's (don't recall which) list of top 52 travel destinations for 2017.

Which list is correct? I'm so confused.

I guess I'll just have to continue to choose my own vacation destinations.

With the devaluation of the Euro against the U.S. Dollar and relatively low airfares for the Spring, Europe is calling.

Now if I could just sell one of my houses, I'm in good shape to go.

How about Ireland and Scotland by rental car for a change of pace?

A friend just linked on facebook a New Yorker or NYT's (don't recall which) list of top 52 travel destinations for 2017.

Which list is correct? I'm so confused.

I guess I'll just have to continue to choose my own vacation destinations.
You can do them both to see which is better. 52 on one plus 10 on the other, so that's 62 trips right there, unless someone posts another list, and then another.

Back
Top Bottom