Totally Enclosed Shower

bpp said:
Actually, it is a plastic stool for sitting on while washing, in case you prefer (or need) to do it that way.

Then why was it made to look like a huge roll of wet TP?

By the way, very pleased to see you posting often around here bpp...you're very welcome!

Actually, it is a plastic stool for sitting on while washing, in case you prefer (or need) to do it that way.

Then why was it made to look like a huge roll of wet TP?

Because if it looked like a frightened porcupine, nobody would want to sit on it?

Ok, the top is slightly indented, to gently cup your buttocks and help keep you from sliding off (soapy buttocks, as you know, can be slippery). Then, to prevent the depression on top from filling up with water, there is a hole in the middle of it; this hole also provides a handy grip when moving the stool around. The outer shape is determined roughly by the outer imprint of what is going to be sitting on it. So, you get a somewhat squashed cylinder with a hole in the middle. Add a little fevered imagination, and voila.

By the way, very pleased to see you posting often around here bpp...you're very welcome!

Thanks! I probably don't really belong here, as I don't really expect to retire significantly early, but you guys are a fun crowd.

Bpp

Thought I'd tell you of my solution: We added a simple curtain over the top of the shower. It works great! It gets nice and warm in the shower itself, even if the room is 60 degrees. The moisture stays in the shower (What happens in the shower, stays in the shower!), so there's no fogging of the mirror. Also, towels dry faster in the room. No problems with mold yet.

It only cost about $8 with the PVC pipe and curtain. The only disadvantage is that it looks a little trailer-trashy.

Attachments

• shower.jpg
    shower.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 44
  • shower2.jpg
    shower2.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 44
a%20bath%201.jpg

This is our shower. It is about as close as you can come to fully enclosed. When you shower, it gets real steamy! I mean you cough sometimes in the winter. We open the door after the shower and so far no mold build up. There is also a window in the shower, but we keep it closed.

Back
Top Bottom