Trouble getting on to Bogleheads forum

tennisplyr

Dryer sheet aficionado
Was wondering if anyone is having difficulty getting on to the Bogleheads site, I haven't been able to access it for a few days.

Bogleheads.org
Someone at Morningstar's group said the Comcast server hosting bogleheads.org is down due to bad weather.

I was last on it Friday about noon. Have not been able to since.

I use this to check if a site is down...

Down For Everyone Or Just Me -> Check if your website is down or up?

That's what I use - I keep it bookmarked.

But the OP didn't provide the url for the site he is trying to get to, so I couldn't test it.

Is this it? - http://www.diehards.org/ ? No 'bogleheads' or 'forum' in that url, but I guess that is their forum? And it does show as 'down for everyone'.

-ERD50

Bogleheads.org
Someone at Morningstar's group said the Comcast server hosting bogleheads.org is down due to bad weather.

Oh, I see - your post was confusing as the link reads "Bogleheads.org" but actually directs you to the morningstar site, which is up, so I thought that "Bogleheads.org" was up, and the OP was talking about some other url.

But diehards.org is down also, maybe that is just another name that redirects?

-ERD50

Oh, I see - your post was confusing as the link reads "Bogleheads.org" but actually directs you to the morningstar site, which is up, so I thought that "Bogleheads.org" was up, and the OP was talking about some other url.

But diehards.org is down also, maybe that is just another name that redirects?

-ERD50

Yes, the name of the thread at Morningstar seems to have traveled with the url. My link was to a thread named Bogleheads.org at Morningstar and not to the downed Bogleheads.org site.

I was wondering what was happening. Glad this site is up and on a different host.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

The site was taken down by a massive bot-enabled, DDOS attack, orchestrated by a consortium of actively managed, front end loaded funds, Ameriprise, Edward Jones, and other insanely jealous competitors.

According to a spokesperson for the consortium, who declined to be named, "This is our opening salvo. If this site tries to reopen, we will go at it with every tool in our possession. The American investor deserves serious management, not the kind of laissez-faire approach advocated by these Bogleheads."

:D

The site was taken down by a massive bot-enabled, DDOS attack, orchestrated by a consortium of actively managed, front end loaded funds, Ameriprise, Edward Jones, and other insanely jealous competitors.

According to a spokesperson for the consortium, who declined to be named, "This is our opening salvo. If this site tries to reopen, we will go at it with every tool in our possession. The American investor deserves serious [mis]management, not the kind of laissez-faire approach advocated by these Bogleheads."

:D

:bow:

где расположены серверы boglehead.org? Which storm east or west? hacked in Russian for my amusement?

It has been down for 2 days and 7 hours by now. Must be something serious.

The following message was posted to the Bogleheads FB page yesterday -

Hi Bogleheads, A few people have written in to us asking about the bogleheads.org site. Mel Lindauer was kind enough to provide us with this explanation: "The server is fine but the problem is with Comcast. There's damage to their internet system in GA as a result of Hurricane Matthew and the server is in Florida, so we have no service below GA."

Back
Top Bottom