Tuesday Helpful Hints

My car won't shift out of PARK unless brake is depressed.

OK, you got me. Yes, I know that now.

Confession: I didn't know it when I called DH telling him something was wrong with the transmission, b/c "It's stuck in park!" :blush: :uglystupid: :blush:

DH loved that one.

OK, you got me. Yes, I know that now.

Confession: I didn't know it when I called DH telling him something was wrong with the transmission, b/c "It's stuck in park!" :blush: :uglystupid: :blush:

DH loved that one.

Long ago, my parents bought a new car and couldn't figure out why Father could start it and Mother couldn't. This was the first car they had that wouldn't start unless the clutch was depressed.

If you're cutting onions and your eyes start to water, don't rub them.

Make sure you press the brake pedal down before shifting out of "PARK" into "DRIVE".

If you've pulled your auto-trans car into a crosswalk hoping to turn left and then back up to get out of the crosswalk because there is too much traffic to make the turn before the light change.... double check the shifter before accelerating when you get a green light.

also,

When driving an automatic after months of driving a stick shift do remember not to bang the clutch pedal in the automatic to do a speed shift.

Last edited:
If you've pulled your auto-trans car into a crosswalk hoping to turn left and then back up to get out off the crosswalk because there is too much traffic to make the turn before the light change.... double check the shifter before accelerating when you get a green light.

LOL, thanks for the tip! :ROFLMAO:

This thread could be e-r.org's first book--literally laughing out loud reading through it.

Leave sleeping dogs alone

Don't touch a snake, no matter how pretty it looks

Don't feed coyotes

Don't pet a grizzly

Having a cheetah as a pet is a BAD idea........

Some digital cameras will not power up if the card is missing and the door to the expansion card slot is open.

Rich, see what happens when you leave us to speculate? Never a good thing, oath or no oath. Maybe REW can dig something up on this for us inquiring minds.... :cool:

On the day of taking your dog to the vet, when a stool sample is required, watch the dog at all times when let outside so you can see where to get the sample. Collect it in real time.
This is better than walking the entire yard looking at doggy doo to see if it is fresh. :(
This is especially important if you have more than 1 dog. It cuts the visual sampling process time in half.
Now which one does that belong to ? :confused:

Equipment: Bring a plastic straw for easy testing for freshness and sample pickup, plus a ziploc for transporting. :D

To avoid having to collect dog stool samples, don't get a dog.

Hey, we heard that. Woof woof....Grrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!!

Attachments

• DCP_1369.JPG
    DCP_1369.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Equipment: Bring a plastic straw for easy testing for freshness and sample pickup, plus a ziploc for transporting. :D
Better use a pipette with a big sample bulb instead. Sucking on that straw gives very little margin between "not enough" and "whoa, too late!"

But I guess that's more "lessons learned" than "helpful hints"...

Soak wilted lettuces for 15 minutes in warm water, drain and chill in fridge. That will crip it up very nicely. Worked great on a head of 9 day old romaine which was not bagged and pretty sad last night.

Better still, prevent the lettuce from wilting by storing it in those "green bags" that are advertised on TV. They work!

Better still, prevent the lettuce from wilting by storing it in those "green bags" that are advertised on TV. They work!

I got some at the suggestion of another poster and have been surprised at how well they work.

If you can't turn the key to start the car, pull down on the steering wheel to ease the pressure. (happened to my son last month and he called me on his cell phone for help)

When waiting to turn left across traffic keep your wheels pointed straight ahead. (a friend had her wheels partially turned in readiness for the turn and got hit hard from behind propelling the car into the oncoming traffic).

If you are going out to eat curry, remember to put a toilet roll in the fridge for later.

While riding a motorcycle, don't sneeze with your face shield down....
sCh_motorcyclist.gif

Check out the glass or crystal nail files. They really do work better than other types of nail files. Upscale salons sell them, but you may do better at something like Sally Beauty Supply.

But don't store it in your back pocket. They do break.

If you break it, smooth the sharp glass edge by rubbing on concrete. Now you have a shorter glass nail file!

:)

Back
Top Bottom