Tyco dudes going to jail

I wasn't paying too much attention, but I think I heard an estimate of a 25 year sentence - maybe will have to serve 6 years.   Go to a minimum security prison farm - full room and board - get fit. . . they get a better deal than most of us did / will have 6 years before retirement.  Bet their scores on the FIRE calculator look pretty good too.   

riskaverse said:
Go to a minimum security prison farm - full room and board - get fit. . . they get a better deal than most of us did / will have 6 years before retirement.

I still wouldn't make that trade.

Me neither. The mens minimum security prisons are better than regular prison, but they're no 'camp cupcake'.

It might suck to go from $2M birthday parties and $5000 shower curtains to a metal tray of oatmeal with burned bits in it and a 2" thick mattress...

I hear there are guys in prison who move you around to attract the bull... :p

Rigas is in his 80's and is going to rot (and probably die) in jail for 15 years.  Do you think now he regrets he didn't instead retire early as a multimillionaire and die in a hammock in Hawaii while sipping one of those tropical drinks and being caressed by a couple of 20 year old women?  Some people just can't figure out life.

NEW YORK - Adelphia Communications Corp. founder John Rigas was sentenced Monday to 15 years in prison

...John Rigas founded Adelphia with a $300 license in 1952, took it public in 1986 and built it into a cable titan by acquiring other systems in the 1990s...

And I can remember when adelphia was being touted as a top of the line stock because the rigas's were considered the best management team in the cable business.

Except for that fraud thing.

Bet he'd settle for one 30 year old woman applying the suntan lotion.

Oh yeah...and 5000 posts. Big deal... :p

retire@40 said:
NEW YORK - Adelphia Communications Corp. founder John Rigas was sentenced Monday to 15 years in prison
Hey, looks like he's solved his healthcare & survivability problems!

Come to think of it, sounds like he's solved all of his expense problems. The ideal retirement...

Nords said:
Hey, looks like he's solved his healthcare & survivability problems!

Come to think of it, sounds like he's solved all of his expense problems.  The ideal retirement...

Maybe the ideal retirement for a bum, but probably the worst kind of retirement for a guy that had tens of millions of dollars at one point.  Expense problems would have been the least of his worries.

Back
Top Bottom