Um, really? How are the Gnomes of Zurich doing?

brewer12345

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
This is meant more as a "news of the weird" than anything political, as it seems too bizarre for anyone to take it seriously:

Bike agenda spins cities toward U.N. control, Maes warns - The Denver Post

Bike agenda spins cities toward U.N. control, Maes warns

Republican gubernatorial candidate Dan Maes is warning voters that Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper's policies, particularly his efforts to boost bike riding, are "converting Denver into a United Nations community."
"This is all very well-disguised, but it will be exposed," Maes told about 50 supporters who showed up at a campaign rally last week in Centennial.
Maes said in a later interview that he once thought the mayor's efforts to promote cycling and other environmental initiatives were harmless and well-meaning. Now he realizes "that's exactly the attitude they want you to have."
"This is bigger than it looks like on the surface, and it could threaten our personal freedoms," Maes said.

The program includes encouraging employers to install showers so more people will ride bikes to work and also creating parking spaces for fuel-efficient vehicles, he said.
First comes bicycles, then showers at work. You know what that means...

Let's face the facts. It is these types of irresponsible programs and policies that lead to the slow decline of our nation. I mean, just think how horrible it would be if all of our roadways were clogged with bicyclists. How could I drive my Hummer 80 mph down neighborhood streets?

And Mom, apple pie, God, Sen. Dodd, and the American way-of-life...

We're doomed, I tell ya!

There is something to all this. Cycle enthusiasts actually convinced our town council to change the business district's 4 lane into 2 lanes with a center turning lane and bike lanes in both directions. Motorists now lost 50% road space. It nuts. Sooner or later...

Attachments

• bikes.jpg
    bikes.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 23
There is something to all this. Cycle enthusiasts actually convinced our town council to change the business district's 4 lane into 2 lanes with a center turning lane and bike lanes in both directions. Motorists now lost 50% road space. It nuts. Sooner or later...

But surely we can separate bad ideas from conspiracy theories.

Or maybe not...

There is a big difference between promoting bicycle use and requiring bicycle use to the exclusion of traditional modes of transportation.

Some of these proponents would restrict your freedom to your personal detriment. Their ideas go way beyond bicycles. This could get really unpleasant and ugly if taken too far.

I believe that was what candidate Dan Maes was referring to.

There is a big difference between promoting bicycle use and requiring bicycle use to the exclusion of traditional modes of transportation.

Some of these proponents would restrict your freedom to your personal detriment. Their ideas go way beyond bicycles. This could get really unpleasant and ugly if taken too far.

I believe that was what candidate Dan Maes was referring to.

So how the heck does the UN factor into this? Sounds like the same BS as the conspiracy about the UN coming to take our guns away...
lookaround.gif

I've been wondering why I've been seeing all those Rhodes 4 wheel bike ads on this site. Obviously Andy is in on it too. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom