Un-needed Musical Instrument Donations

camfused

Full time employment: Posting here.
Hi. If you have a musical instrument laying around that you would like to get rid of, and want see that it goes to a deserving child, I would like to inform you of the non-profit called Hungry for Music. I volunteer with these folks, and we collect musical instruments (nearly any kind), refurb/clean as needed, and distribute them to under-served kids that have a desire to play, but lack the opportunities do to so. We would appreciate any donations of instruments that you may have. Thanks.

Thanks for that. DD's flutes have been sitting in their cases for over 15 years and I've been looking for somewhere to donate.

Great! The kind of stuff we are looking for.

Looks like a great cause, thanks Camfused. I think there is a kid's cello in my basement that has been quiet too long.

Being an amateur cello player myself, that is a crying shame! Let's remedy that problem!

I should add how this works: you fill out a donation form on the above web site. A coordinator will contact you for details about the instrument, and assign the pick-up duty to one of the volunteers assigned to your area, the volunteer will arrange a pick-up with you, and we send a receipt to you after the pick-up (for that all-important tax deduction). Once we get the instrument, we refurbish as needed, and then match it to a child in need, then get it off to them.

Our leader has been doing this since 1994, and we have sent out over 16,000 instruments. It makes a difference to a lot of kids.

Last edited:
Sounds very worthwhile. Thanks for posting.

I gave my mom's piano to a young lady who could not afford a piano and it felt good to do so. I could never have sold the piano.

I have a camping friend who refurbishes guitars for combat vets and helps teach them to play. I always keeping an eye out for deals on them. Passed along 5 so far.

Back
Top Bottom