Uncelmick's Saints

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
Unclemick, I've got tickets to Sunday's "home" game to watch your Saints play the Bills. Since the Red Cross cancelled my SIL's bbq meal for the Katrina refugees ("If you want to do something for them, bring 'em a suitcase!"), he refunded my contribution and I used the money to buy us a couple of tickets. Rather cheer the Saints than buy some Samsonite. ;)

This will be the first regulation NFL game played in San Antonio and the first I've attended in 40 years. (1965: Cowboys vs. the Eagles...Dandy Don Meredith, Bullet Bob Hayes, Bob Lilly, Mel Renfro, Coach Tom Landry). A lot of pigs have been skinned since those days...

If your going to watch the Saints for entertainment, you better have a back-up plan in place. Like a cooler full of cold beer near by.  :)

Bring a bag. . . to put over your head!

Eagle43 said:
Bring a bag. . . to put over your head!

Unclemick, Eagle43 says this is what the well-dressed Saints fan wears to a game. Just want your input to be sure I have "the look" correct:

Attachments

• saints fan.jpg
    saints fan.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 82
REWahoo! said:
Unclemick, Eagle43 says this is what the well-dressed Saints fan wears to a game.  Just want your input to be sure I have "the look" correct:

Beings there are no eyes in this guys bag, he's going to need a "seeing eye dog", or a lot of help to even get to his seat. ;)

ex-Jarhead said:
Beings there are no eyes in this guys bag, he's going to need a "seeing eye dog", or a lot of help to even get to his seat. ;)
If he's a Saints fan, having no eyes in the bag will enable him to enjoy the game more.

Well

Truly classy is a well preserved gen - u - ine Schwegmann's grocery bag with Ain'ts printed with flow marker across it with appropriate eye and nose cutouts - to be dramatically donned during the game at the right  time. along with loud boo's.

Heh, heh, heh.

Not THAT I ever did anything like that.

unclemick2 said:
Well

Truly classy is a well preserved gen - u - ine Schwegmann's grocery bag with Ain'ts printed with flow marker across it with appropriate eye and nose cutouts - to be dramatically donned during the game at the right  time. along with loud boo's.

Heh, heh, heh.

Not THAT I ever did anything like that.

Finally, the "protocal" for using the bag the way it was intended to be displayed. :D

DOG51 said:
If your going to watch the Saints for entertainment, you better have a back-up plan in place. Like a cooler full of cold beer near by. :)

I would recommend the beer as a prequel event rather than a backup, that will assure the game is good. As far as you'll know anyhow.

No beer, no bag, and no regrets. The Saints won and a very good time was had by all. Well, except the handfull of Bills fans who showed up, including a half dozen or so wearing blue sombreros. Don't think they've exactly mastered the Hispanic culture thing. :-\

Who Dat! :D

I went to a Saints game or two in New Orleans. What happened (then) was you rode a school bus across the Mississippi River Bridge to the Super Dome. There was mucho beer on the bus, both coming and going. By the time you came back, you really didn't know who was playing or cared who won. It was better that way.
I hope they move to the Alamodome. It will change the culture, and I predict, they will actually win. I cannot explain why New Orleans can't produce a reasonable facsimile of a winner, but they haven't and doesn't look like they ever will.

Hmmm

Drink beer - ride the bus - Hapless Denver Broncos in the 70's - they did better after I left town - getting stomped by Dallas in the Superbowl - but at least they got there.

Now that I live in Missouri:confused:??

Not that I'm superstitious or anything!

Heh heh heh.

KC was less than impressive yesterday.

unclemick2 said:
Hmmm

Drink beer - ride the bus - Hapless Denver Broncos in the 70's - they did better after I left town - getting stomped by Dallas in the Superbowl - but at least they got there.

Now that I live in Missouri:confused:??

Not that I'm superstitious or anything!

Heh heh heh.

KC was less than impressive yesterday.

UncleMick: Do me a favor. Don't move to San Francisco. (The 49ers have enough problems without your help). ;)

Indeed. Should some team owner ever decide to put together a team and try to reduce the talent levels to the lowest possible while maintaining a level of pay nearing the salary cap, I doubt they'd be successful.

I bought the directv sunday ticket package this year because I couldnt stand the thought of another football season dominated by local broadcasts of the 49ers and Raiders... :p

Unclemick, I understand ticket sales aren't going well for the Saints first game in Baton Rouge (50,000+ tickets unsold the last I heard). Showing true support for the team, San Antoino is offering to bus in some fans from Texas to help out. :)

Hmmm

:confused:Baton Rouge is LSU country - not a good place to yell - "go to hell el esh you."

Perhaps - unsold Saints tickets are payback.

Heh heh heh

Back
Top Bottom