Join Early Retirement Today

United 93
Old 04-28-2006, 03:53 PM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.

United 93

I would think that this would be a very difficult film for most Americans to watch??
Maximillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: United 93
Old 04-28-2006, 04:15 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Max, I want to compliment you on your conduct on the board in recent weeks. You have engaged in positive, well-spoken interchanges of information and I have nothing but accolades for your participation.

That said, starting this topic when you've had a history of posts like this gives me pause to consider your motives. Here's hoping your intentions are consistent with your more recent contributions to the forum.

To answer your question...yes, most definitely.

Old 04-28-2006, 05:25 PM   #3

I am not sure what purpose the movie serves, to me, it is like opening an old wound that has just started to heal?

I would not find entertainment in the Lockerbie Disaster, so why this move was made in the first place is confusing to me?

I would not watch it.
Maximillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 06:22 PM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I think more movies will come as time goes by. Many atrocities eventually were put on film.

"If it is new to you; you don't know history"
Old 05-01-2006, 06:32 PM   #5

I think there is value in remembering why we fight, and who we fight. You may be right in terms of scale on 9/11, but this is far from over, IMHO.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:59 PM   #6
Confused about dryer sheets

I have not yet seen the film. Flight 93 crashed less than two miles from my home in Pennsylvania. Fortunately, that is a sparsely populated area. Thinking about those brave people brings tears to my eyes.

I don't know if I CAN watch the movie.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:26 PM   #7
Recycles dryer sheets

Max,

I agree with you and with Nords in the related thread. I watched the live television coverage as it unfolded. I have no desire to see it again. At some point in time it may become history, but not now. Yes, the passengers were heroic; yes, the hijackers were vile and evil. Do we really need a visual memorialization to know these things? The wound will never heal if we continue to reopen it.

setab
Old 05-02-2006, 05:13 AM   #8
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I will not watch that movie, period! I too watched the coverage, I was glued to the tv, radio and internet, that was enough for me.

Dogs aren't our whole lives, but they make our lives whole. - Roger Caras
Outtahere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:49 AM   #9
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Darn you folks! * I had convinced myself not to go see Flight 93 and now, thanks to this discussion, I probably will.

Had the same feelings over the years about other disaster/war/terror films such as "Saving Private Ryan," holocost documentaries, "Pearl Harbor" (versions one through twelve), the various Titantic movies, etc.

It's not a matter of seeking further information, conspiracy theories or anything like that.* I have a clear differentiation in my mind between what I'll see on the screen as an entertainment production and the actual event.* It's just starting to sound like they have done one heck of a job putting together a terrifying thriller..............but, in my mind, not a documentary, and I won't look at it that way.