universal health care in San Fran

Maddy the Turbo Beagle said:
Seems everyone that talks about these plans has some kind of payroll tax as the way to pay. Sounds good for the people that dont want to work ;)

They're already getting free care using general income tax dollars. For the unemployed (by choice or necessity) the're just switching the source from state/fed income taxes more toward local payroll taxes.

My guess is that the biggest difference would be the working poor who do a 40+ hour week but without health benefits; now they would be covered so less in need of free care, medicaid, etc. Time will tell.

I would like to see every human being happy, prosperous, covered by health care, well fed, in good accomodation, good health, nice family, no financial worries, good future prospects, even guaranteed good future and maybe even able to get surgery to look like they prefer.

I'm going to run for mayor!

The city estimates the plan would cost $200 million a year, an expense that would be borne by taxpayers, businesses that don't already insure all their workers, and participants themselves.

The only thing that I can figure out is just that the citizens of SF just love to pay taxes and any excuse to pay more taxes can not ever be passed up.

My short 2 months here make me think that there are only 3 downtown "types" acutually paying substantial rent/mortgage on living downtown. Most Chinese seem to live downtown, a lot of Ralph DeLauren yuppies live downtown and some really rich older folks live downtown.

Not sure which of this group wants to pay big taxes?

This is something my leasing agent mentioned and I'll pass it on:

Most people in SF sitting at a sidewalk cafe appear to have moved to SF for just that purpose. "To be seen sitting at a sidewalk cafe as opposed to Paris where it is natural."

Now keep in mind she's young and I'm not sure but possibly Francais.

But " je ne sais squash"

mickeyd said:
... just love to pay taxes and any excuse to pay more taxes can not ever be passed up.
Is that the definition of a liberal? Or is Berkely a stronghold of staunch conservativism now?

Lets see, each major road into town is still posted that its a "No Nuclear Zone!".

Does that answer your question...? ;)

Cute n Fuzzy Bun'ny said:
Lets see, each major road into town is still posted that its a "No Nuclear Zone!".
Does that answer your question...? ;)
So that's how they developed the range estimates for the Taepo-Dong 2 missile...

Tell me that the guys who named that missile dont have to suppress a giggle every time they hear someone say it on tv...

Cute n Fuzzy Bun'ny said:
Tell me that the guys who named that missile dont have to suppress a giggle every time they hear someone say it on tv...
Ah, that would be the Nodong missile...

I hear North Korea's newest innovation, the longdong-2 missile, can reach the west coast of the US and portions of the midwest.

Back
Top Bottom