Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

USA a net exporter of petrolium products!!!
Old 12-01-2011, 05:52 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

USA a net exporter of petrolium products!!!

According to the WSJ, the USA was a net exporter of petrolium energy products in September. 3.1 million going out every day, and 2.2 million coming in.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...ORDS=Petroleum

How did this happen?

The worst decisions are usually made in times of anger and impatience.
Chuckanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2011, 06:05 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckanut
According to the WSJ, the USA was a net exporter of petrolium energy products in September. 3.1 million going out every day, and 2.2 million coming in.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...ORDS=Petroleum

How did this happen?
Lots of refinery capacity. We're still a net importer of crude oil, about 8 million barrels a day, but we have surplus refining capacity. PADD5, the West Coast refining district, is running about 75% of operable utilization. They're busily cracking oil into gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel for Asia.

http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_pnp_..._yup_pct_w.htm
M Paquette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:59 PM   #3
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Paquette View Post
Lots of refinery capacity. We're still a net importer of crude oil, about 8 million barrels a day, but we have surplus refining capacity. PADD5, the West Coast refining district, is running about 75% of operable utilization. They're busily cracking oil into gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel for Asia.

Refiner Operable Capacity Percent Utilization
Should be good for tank farms, ports, and pipes.

Thank the Lord for software and airplanes and weapons. Otherwise, all we can do is sell food and do low value--added commodity tasks like refining.

Ha
Old 12-02-2011, 06:34 AM   #4
Give me a forum ...

We are shipping a whole lot of LNG with an order of magnitude more in the pipeline. There we are producing and exporting. The industry claims that those flaming faucets were flaming all along because of ground level gas - not due to fracking.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:19 AM   #5
Give me a forum ...

Mexico sends us their crude to refine because they do not have the refining capacity. They never bothered to make the investment. Fine with me.

There is a big whoopla in DC about creating obstacles to an Alberta pipeline to bring their (GASP!) Dirty Oil to the US. The Canucks really want to put one due west to send it to China, but every hand in BC is against that. (Their morons have more influence than our morons. It is a very P.C. place up there.) The best way is to keep it in Alberta and go straight south. And it will. Watch for Hardesty Heavy to come your way soon.