USAA selling investment business to Victory Capital

I just finished moving all of my banking and investments to Fidelity. Not because I hate USAA but because FIDO offers so much more flexibility and access to all investment types.

I have no military connection but for some reason was able to get a USAA checking account several years ago. Just a few days ago I got tired of one little "feature" that was an annoyance often enough that it became a dealbreaker: the time period for which you could access your transaction detail on-line was frustratingly short. Most recently, I wanted to access transactions from last December- not available.

So, I've opened up a new account within Fidelity (I have a lot of investments there already) since it's easy to set one up with checkwriting and bill-paying. It will take awhile for all my direct deposits to land there but at least I've initiated the changes.

Unfortunate about USAA- I was in the insurance business starting with my first job out of college in 1975 and USAA was always a class act- both for employees and customers. Things certainly have changed.

I have no military connection but for some reason was able to get a USAA checking account several years ago. Just a few days ago I got tired of one little "feature" that was an annoyance often enough that it became a dealbreaker: the time period for which you could access your transaction detail on-line was frustratingly short. Most recently, I wanted to access transactions from last December- not available.

Anyone can open an account at USAA Federal Savings Bank. It's just the insurance that requires a connection.

You could have seen those older transactions by using the Search function. The default for the drop-down list is only 90 days but the older ones are available.

Oops- more to add to the "What I Learned" thread. Should have complained here first! I still plan to move the account- consolidation will simplify my finances.

Back
Top Bottom