Join Early Retirement Today

USC/UT Football Fans~Happy? Mad?
Old 01-13-2010, 02:10 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Location: South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering Creek
USC/UT Football Fans~Happy? Mad?

Should they schedule a game between the guys anytime soon? I'm just sayin...

Quote:
Elsewhere on campus, a few dozen Vol students came up just shy of a full-on, torch-and-pitchfork riot, gathering outside Kiffin's impromptu press conference to shout obscenities at their former coach -- at one point reportedly chanting Kiffin's home address -- before police came in to break up the burgeoning mob. A few players walked out of the hastily-assembled team meeting when Kiffin told them he was leaving. Some UT recruits are already backing out of their commitments. Apparently they weren't swayed by his insistence that he wouldn't be leaving for anyone else.
Lane Kiffin, Tennessee's new public enemy No. 1 - Dr. Saturday - NCAAF Blog - Yahoo! Sports

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2010, 02:15 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Here in Chattanooga they are calling it the Lane Change. Gotta feel sorry for the recruits and fans but life goes on, it is only football.

They could be buried in some pile of ruble in Haiti after all.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:25 PM   #3

Oh and they are also saying that Pat Summitt is more of a man than Lane Kiffin !
Old 01-13-2010, 03:29 PM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Lane Kiffin makes Charlie Brown look decisive...........

If he wins at USC, the booster club will make it worth his while.........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:17 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...

I can't figure out why he has been in such demand. Al Davis took a chance on him and that didn't last long. He has only been at TN for 1 year and that was just so so. Oh well....maybe he will stay at SC long enough to see if he is truly worth all the money.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:31 PM   #6

Store Wants to Send Kiffin Shirts to Haiti

2010-01-13 14:55:45
A Knoxville apparel store owner is urging upset University of Tennessee fans not to burn their Lane Kiffin T-shirts, but to let him send them to Haiti.
On Tuesday night, former Volunteer coach Kiffin angered fans and students by announcing he was leaving the Vols football program after coaching it for a single season and returning to Southern California as head coach.
Dan Burks, who co-owns Hound Dogs, told The Knoxville News Sentinel he would give fans 20 percent off the purchase of a new shirt if they would bring in their "It's Time" T-shirt.
Burks said the store's accountant just returned from a mission trip to Haiti and the company planned to send donated Kiffin T-shirts to survivors of the devastating earthquake there.

© Copyright 2010 Freedom Communications. All Rights Reserved.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:09 AM   #7

These coaches are quite the mercenaries, aren't they? I went through this at my alma mater as well. Sigh - didn't Pete Carroll say he wanted to stay at USC forever? hmpphh. From the little I'm reading, he's leaving a mess behind him. Hehehe, kind of like the Rick Neuheisel imbroglio, too - what is it with those CA boys? (although Neuheisel is orginally from AZ - he lived down the street from me and we attended the same high school)