VA Disability Now Paid in Fractional Dollars?

rescueme

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Even though my annual COLA's (if any) matched the same rate of SS increases, the amount was always rounded down to the lower whole dollar amount, and never raised up.

Example: 2014 Rate for "Veteran with Spouse Only" at a 50% disabled rating is $901.83/month. The normal deposit would be for $901.00/month, dropping the $.83 rather than rounding either up or down.

I just noticed my January deposit (submitted today) shows the full amount for my rate.

Any vets (disabled or not) read anything about a change to the system?

Just wondering.

Any vets (disabled or not) read anything about a change to the system?

I was approved for VA disability (agent orange) in April 2013 and the benefit was in even dollars (no cents). I notice that my COLA brings me to an amount that includes cents for 2014. Since I don't have any other years to compare to, I thought that this was the usual way that it was calculated.

I noticed it, but didn't think much about it.
This is the first time they haven't rounded the amount down.

This has always been subject to a specific vote every year, and this was the first time Congress left that provision out of the legislation. I'm pretty sure I read that in the future, increases will be automatic, with the COLA being equal to the Social Security COLA.

Back
Top Bottom