Vacation Getaways

Jay_Gatsby

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
For those of you who take nice vacations every now and again, I'd appreciate some advice on where to start. I'd prefer to go to Europe or the Med, if anyone has some suggestions.

In Europe, it's hard to beat Tuscany when it comes to history, culture, food, wine, and women.

I visited Greece this summer and fell in love with Santorini. Breathtaking. I highly recommend it.

LL

I'm looking to take the trip sometime in December. Hope that helps clarify things.

Took a cruise out of Tahiti to various off islands including the Marquesas, one great trip.
I must have a picture of my wife in her swimm suit around here somewhere....nope, can't post that one....

Jay_Gatsby said:
I'm looking to take the trip sometime in December.  Hope that helps clarify things.

Unless you like a wet dreary Europe, you might consider going south of the equator in December. New Zealand or Australia would be my picks.

We spent almost a month in southern Spain this past April and I highly recommend it. We rented a car and drove the loop from Seville to Cordoba to Granada and then along the southern coast with a few days at the beach town of San Jose. Spain really impressed me. If you are into historical stuff there are plenty of castles, cathedrals, etc. If not, there is great hiking in some areas, incredible beaches, and good food and wine. With the loop I just mentioned you could see a lot in just a week or extend it further and hit some of the smaller cities.

The weather was great (in April) and I thought it was much cheaper than Italy (but I don't keep accurate records from vacation so I could be wrong).

Back
Top Bottom