Valentine Day Plans??????

I'll probably play racquetball and then watch Lost, pretty much what I do every Thursday. :)

Spending it with Casanova (my cat) and just relaxing with some good music, candles, and incense.

My wife is on bedrest in a hospital (pregnant with twins, due in June). So V-day might involve me going to see her in hospital. If the babies stay in her until June, that is all I want anyways.

My wife is on bedrest in a hospital (pregnant with twins, due in June). So V-day might involve me going to see her in hospital. If the babies stay in her until June, that is all I want anyways.

My daughter just spent the last month and a half on bedrest . She's due next week . It can be really frustrating . Good Luck to you both and the twins.

V-Day - Lupercalia Day - Roman fertility festival - just love how the holidays are co-opted by the 'current' governance structure in power :)

Anyhow - sheesh - wish I was retired so I could even think about doing anything for my husband for V-Day - I'll be at work - haven't thought about what to do inthe evening - will probably defer celebration to weekend and cookd something then - cupcakes sound good, too.

We were in the car this morning and some vday ad came on my wife said "f*** Valentines day" and changed the station.

she wants to get flowers this weekend when they go on sale. and, I know for a fact that I'd be in trouble if I blew money on roses before they go cheap.

We were in the car this morning and some vday ad came on my wife said "f*** Valentines day" and changed the station.
That's the most beautiful thing I've ever heard from a wife! And who says it's hard to figure out what women want?!?

*Sniff* I'm gonna need a moment here...

she wants to get flowers this weekend when they go on sale. and, I know for a fact that I'd be in trouble if I blew money on roses before they go cheap.

Aren't we lucky? My wife hates those jewelry commercials. Heck I asked if she wanted a box of chocolate from SEE's candy. She said "nah but Id take a Hershey's bar instead." :D

I have been bouncing around the house this morning...call at 7:45 this morning from BF (Happy Valentine's day, yadda yadda yadda) You would have thought he had a bunch of stuff delivered to the door the way I trotted upstairs, made coffee, and hopped online (actually playing hooky from civ job to get a ton of computer work done for Navy Reserve this weekend) - now I am motivated to knock this all out. It's the small things! Happy Valentine's day to the board!

Drove her to school (she's taking classes) and carried her books too. At her request I'm in the process now of cooking a pound of thick-cut bacon for her BLT when she gets home. Also a card, small box of chocolates, and a surprise bag of Hershey's kisses in the freezer. I'll let her discover that on her own.

The last time I spent $50 on roses she got (almost) mad at me.

Rosie, you're alright
you wear my ring
When you hold me tight
Rosie, that's my thing
When I turn out the lights
I've gotta hand it to me
Looks like it's me and you again tonight
Rosie

To quote Jackson Browne... :eek: :p

Here's an idea for someone...maybe. Since it's only my elderly mother and I, I'm making a pepperoni/mushroom pizza in the shape of a heart. Corny but cute, I thought. (We love pizza).

Was at the card shop last month buying my usual 60 cards for the next 3 months (we're big birthday card senders), and bought my valentine card for the wife ($.50-and it described me to a 'T'). Also got valentine cards for daughters and grandkids. Went out Monday and did all the grocery shopping before the ice-snow storm hit, grocery had dozen roses for $18, so wife got those early (they're still holding up but one looks a little wilted). As a joke, wife wrote chocolate-covered peanuts on the grocery list--found them at the Dollar Store for $1.50. Wife's sister and brother-in-law are driving 100 miles today to doctor appointments at Vet's hospital in our city (he's 100% disabled and they're staying the night, so we're going to Macaroni's for dinner).

Here's an idea for someone...maybe. Since it's only my elderly mother and I, I'm making a pepperoni/mushroom pizza in the shape of a heart. Corny but cute, I thought. (We love pizza).

I bet she will like that. Thats a thoughtful gift.

My daughter just spent the last month and a half on bedrest . She's due next week . It can be really frustrating . Good Luck to you both and the twins.

Thank you.

babies bought mom a new pair of pajamas
and dad bought mom some clothes for the babies.

Back
Top Bottom