Veterans now allowed to shop at PX Online?

Elbata

Full time employment: Posting here.
I'm not sure if this is a scam. Anyone that might have experience with this, please chime in. The webpage says that veterans are now allowed to use the BX/PX just like active duty, except it has to done online.

This was in my FB page: https://www.shopmyexchange.com/acco...Wbsv3zx_A4HfBSemDAE_Mhbii_gl6BNxoCM4UQAvD_BwE

So, since I'm a veteran, it looks like I'm able to buy goods from the PX online. I filled in the last 4 digits of my SSN and it didn't work. Then the site said I needed to put in my full SSN. No thanks, I'm not chancing that.

If it's solid though, it could be of benefit.

Don't know about the PX/BX, being retired we get access like brick and mortar store. However, related news to me, Coast Guard Exchange (CGX) allows all homeland security and DOD to shop in the stores. They just opened a new CGX in Centreville, VA.

We've stopped in at the PX's when on base for other reasons after retirement. I found them too much like department stores of old (JCP, Sears, Wards, etc), stuck between the big box / club stores and on-line retailers. I suppose a somewhat captive customer base works in their favor. I also noted a large footprint of designer/high end brands. I saw nothing that would warrant a return visit. However, the "Class 6" store is another matter altogether. :D

I'll take a look on-line and see what's up there...

Last edited:
Had to scan and upload my dd214 to get verified. Apparently the system cant handle old time service numbers, mine began as RA1....... Once that was done, I browsed through the store. Found nothing that I needed. But have it bookmarked for future.

Had to scan and upload my dd214 to get verified. Apparently the system cant handle old time service numbers, mine began as RA1....... Once that was done, I browsed through the store. Found nothing that I needed. But have it bookmarked for future.

I've not found the prices on the Exchange to be any better than the sales prices found out in the real world. However, with free shipping and no sales tax the savings on some products can be worthwhile.

I've not found the prices on the Exchange to be any better than the sales prices found out in the real world. However, with free shipping and no sales tax the savings on some products can be worthwhile.

That's the key. In my area, the sales tax is pretty close to 10%, so there is real savings on *some* of the items they sell. They have pretty good sales, too...on occasion. The old adage of "Yesterdays Technology at Tomorrow's Prices" isn't too accurate these days, thankfully.

No veterans here, but I thought veterans have always been allowed to shop at PX. Perhaps this privilege only applies to people who retire with 20 years of service.

The reason for my belief was that I read that Jimmy Carter shopped at PX, and some people made fun of him, saying that he was so frugal. And I saw nothing wrong with being a down-to-earth guy. He was a peanut farmer, and proud of it.

I'm not sure if this is a scam. Anyone that might have experience with this, please chime in. The webpage says that veterans are now allowed to use the BX/PX just like active duty, except it has to done online.

This was in my FB page: https://www.shopmyexchange.com/acco...Wbsv3zx_A4HfBSemDAE_Mhbii_gl6BNxoCM4UQAvD_BwE

So, since I'm a veteran, it looks like I'm able to buy goods from the PX online. I filled in the last 4 digits of my SSN and it didn't work. Then the site said I needed to put in my full SSN. No thanks, I'm not chancing that.

If it's solid though, it could be of benefit.

It's the real deal! I was nervous about the signup when I signed up about 2 years ago but it's on the up and up.

No sales tax and no shipping charge if you use their credit card. Otherwise, it's $4.95. Some prices are a good deal. I bought a nice dinette set for a good price with no shipping and no tax. Go for it!

No veterans here, but I thought veterans have always been allowed to shop at PX. Perhaps this privilege only applies to people who retire with 20 years of service.

The reason for my belief was that I read that Jimmy Carter shopped at PX, and some people made fun of him, saying that he was so frugal. And I saw nothing wrong with being a down-to-earth guy. He was a peanut farmer, and proud of it.

Starting January 2020.......

"Starting Jan. 1, all service-connected disabled veterans, Purple Heart recipients, former prisoners of war and primary veteran caregivers will be eligible to shop at commissaries and exchanges, and officials from three federal agencies are preparing the way."

https://www.militarytimes.com/pay-b...e-people-will-get-military-shopping-benefits/

Back
Top Bottom