Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-19-2011, 10:07 AM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayne View Post
We are the idiots that make the big salaries possible for these spoiled adults.
It's true. We, in aggregate, have a great deal of control over the monetary success of movie/tv, music and sports "stars." If you don't like what they are paid, vote with your feet. And let your political representatives know you're against laws and tax code that favors these businesses or reduces competition within and between the categories of entertainment business.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2011, 05:09 PM   #42
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Another game, another injury for Vick. Money well spent...<sarcasm>
utrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #43
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utrecht View Post
Payback's a bi*ch .
Old 09-26-2011, 06:35 PM   #44
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Gotta say, you called it. Some of it was due to his style, and yesterday's injury looked like bad luck. However, it's no secret that running and taking hits is part of his game, and that will likely result in more injuries. You're right, not a good investment.
RunningBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:42 PM   #45
Give me a forum ...

Vick makes me sick.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:54 PM   #46
Give me a forum ...

Vick has been doing fairly well so far when you consider he's playing behind one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL. He wasn't hurt bad and he'll likely be back starting the game next week. It's not like he's the only quarterback that gets injured. The reason he got the chance to start last season was because the starter was injured and had to sit out multiple games. Vick did so well that he became full-time starter. I don't know if there's any quarterback that could do better behind that offensive line. He has a quick release and he can often run from rushes. He's their best chance by far.
aaronc879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:44 PM   #47

Purron, you and I think alike on this matter.
Ally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:53 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronc879 View Post
Vick has been doing fairly well so far when you consider he's playing behind one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL. He wasn't hurt bad and he'll likely be back starting the game next week. It's not like he's the only quarterback that gets injured. The reason he got the chance to start last season was because the starter was injured and had to sit out multiple games. Vick did so well that he became full-time starter. I don't know if there's any quarterback that could do better behind that offensive line. He has a quick release and he can often run from rushes. He's their best chance by far.
Ive never doubted that Vick would do "fairly well", but the title of this thread is "Vick's Deal". The dude is the 4th highest player in the NFL. You think the Eagles are looking to pay this much to get a fairly good player? He needs to be putting up Brady / Manning / Rodgers numbers to earn that kind of money. He'll never do that consistently and when he gets hurt he leaves them in the hands of Vince Young or Kafka because they cant afford a capable back up QB since they spent so much money on the starter. The "dream team" is 1-2 because they made a grave error at the QB position.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:45 AM   #49
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary_Girl View Post
Payback's a bi*ch .
May he receive the same pain his dogs experienced.

"Local culture" (dog/cock fighting) aside, just because you can dosen't mean you should...
rescueme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:52 AM   #50
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronc879 View Post
The QB ratings are seriously flawed. They don't count rushing yards and that is a big part of Vick's game. Vick is probably the single most dangerous threat on the field. Although he's back there to pass the ball you can never assume he'll pass. You always have to cover him as a runner as well which leaves less people to cover receivers. Yes, he is likely to be injured occasionaly. Most quarterbacks not named Favre or Manning are knocked out of games multiple times per year.
I don't know about that, there's a certain QB not far from you from California that seems to cause havoc on the field. I thought the Eagles were the "dream team" this year? Oh well, heard that one a bunch, typically from a certain team in Texas that has a head case for a QB and can't score touchdowns..........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:01 AM   #51
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescueme View Post
What a lovely sentiment!
Old 09-27-2011, 09:34 AM   #52
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

"Local culture" (dog/cock fighting) aside, just because you can dosen't mean you should...
Agree.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:04 AM   #53

Quote:
Agreed!
Old 09-30-2011, 09:13 AM   #54
Give me a forum ...

Best Friends is a rescue group that took in some of Vick's dogs. Here's a recent video about one of them.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:14 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
Best Friends is a rescue group that took in some of Vick's dogs. Here's a recent video about one of them.

That will most likely be better than any NFL clip i'll ever see...
thanks for the post.
mh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:14 PM   #56

+1. Vick IS sick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
Vick makes me sick.
Very conservative with investments. Not ER'd yet, 48 years old. Please do not take anything I write or imply as legal, financial or medical advice directed to you. Contact your own financial advisor, healthcare provider, or attorney for financial, medical and legal advice.
obgyn65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:39 PM   #57

And Vick is hurt again. Broken ribs this time. Not too mention that Vick and his ridiculous contract have the Eagles sitting at 3-6. I wondered how long it would take for Andy Reid to realize he made a big mistake and I'm guessing its setitng in about now.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:43 PM   #58
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
And Vick is hurt again. Broken ribs this time. Not too mention that Vick and his ridiculous contract have the Eagles sitting at 3-6. I wondered how long it would take for Andy Reid to realize he made a big mistake and I'm guessing its setitng in about now.
And they can forget about Andrew Luck since there's no way the Peytonless Colts win 3 games this year.
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:46 PM   #59

Quote:
And the payback continues!
Old 11-15-2011, 10:37 AM   #60
Give me a forum ...

Overrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote