Voting experiences today?

David1961

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
If you voted today, what was your experience like?

For me, it was probably the least amount of time I have ever taken to vote. Walked right in, no waiting, voted and left. There were more workers in the building than voters.

I voted Wednesday, showed my driver's license, got my code and done! Love early voting (Texas)

Also went this morning....walked straight up, showed my ID and voted...least
amount of time spent there ever...

Dropped off our absentee ballots that we are too cheap to mail. The voting/drop off booth is literally next door to our home.

10 mins, - no lines.

I had my voters registration card with me and "three" acceptable forms of picture ID's (1) my drivers license, (2) my concealed handgun license and (3) my passport.

But they still only let me vote once. :LOL:

Went at 10:30 to sandwich between the before work and at lunch time voters. I was still surprised at how many were there voting.

I used to be one of the first few when I worked, but today we went at 10 and it was busy. DW and I couldn't get kiosks/booths so we went into the road commissioner's kitchen and filled out our ballots in there.

My husband and I voted early. However, my husband has been working for days for a particular statewide candidate. Today, he went to stand near one of the voting places, at 7 am, in 40 degrees, pouring rain, to support his candidate. I told him that no one would want to stop to talk in the pouring rain!

5 voters at our polling station when I was there this AM. Took about five minutes to fill out the ballot. Some neighbors were working at the polling place so took a minute or two to say "Hi". Probably was there less than 10 minutes total.

+1 two weeks ago. When are they going to do on line voting:confused:

I kind of like handing in the paper. That way to ruin my vote they will have to actually lose it instead of just changing the electronic selection I made.

Voted by mail..
but... wondering how this really works, as the mail ballot could be postmarked as late as Nov. 4.

Will be interested in seeing if this is taken into account during the winner announcements.

The people I know who don't vote, seem to complain the most about how screwed up the government is.

If you voted today, what was your experience like?

For me, it was probably the least amount of time I have ever taken to vote. Walked right in, no waiting, voted and left. There were more workers in the building than voters.

Pretty much the same here. It was a short walk to the local school and a delightful one in 65-degree weather. My ladyfriend lives about halfway there so I checked her mailbox (she has been away for nearly 2 weeks due to her mom passing away) and her apartment on the way there and bought some milk at a nearby mini-mart on the way home.

There were very few voters in the school at about 10:30 AM. The number of poll workers was about the same as the number of voters, which isn't unusual for 10:30 AM, even on presidential years. There were two voters ahead of me at the sign-in area. We vote by optical scan machine so many people can fill out their ballots in nearby privacy tables before inserting them into the machines. I drop off the paper folder at the sign-in table then I walk out. Took maybe 7 minutes (we had some unfamiliar statewide ballot proposals I had to read).

DW and I waited untill 9am ... thinking the working public would already be at work.

Parking lot was PACKED ... lines to get your ballot. More people waiting to vote than voting.

Took about 30 minutes.

There were 8 machines, but one or two were always being worked on (changing the roll of paper).

My polling place serviced 20 voters in 20 minutes (started the timer on my watch and counted...nothing better to do).

That means that it took on average 8 minutes per person. It took me about 90 seconds...I had my selections pre selected on the customized ballot printed from the local board of elections.

I couldn't believe some people that took over 10 minutes to vote! This should be DATA ENTRY for goodness sake! Its like they were reading the ballot initiatives for the first time or something.

Kind of empty...

There were twice as many poll workers as voters. No wait for a booth to vote in, either.

The ballot scanner was pretty cranky, though, failing to read the ballot on two tries. Different error codes each time as well. That's not a confidence builder. (I still haven't found out if there is a procedure to check or validate the new firmware updates for these scanners.)

30 minutes. 10 minutes to walk over there. 2 minutes to get my dog properly secured to the streetsign outside the polling place. 6 minutes to get through the process to get my ballot. (My neighbors who work the poll don't have good eyesight or hearing anymore... they're rather elderly). 2 minutes to vote and get my "I voted" sticker. 10 minutes to walk home.

Our polling place is a neighbors garage - so the dog was in full view while I was voting. :)

+1 Very pleasant experience today.

Early voted over a week ago, in and out in a couple of minutes. Always easy when you vote straight across the board.

Back
Top Bottom