Join Early Retirement Today

Voyeurism at sea
Old 07-08-2014, 02:58 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Voyeurism at sea

One will be able to amble through most public areas of the ship Allure of the Seas with the help of experts at showing all.

Take a Cruise On The World's Largest Cruise Ship... Without Leaving Your Couch - gCaptain Maritime & Offshore News

"
Royal Caribbean International announced Monday a partnership with technology giant Google to become the first cruise line to launch Google Maps Business View using Google’s Street View technology onboard the Allure of the Seas.
By using Street View technology, Royal Caribbean International says it will provide consumers with a sample of their vacation through an immersive and interactive experience."

"Using the familiar street view interface, potential cruisers will be able to virtually walk through the various decks of Allure of the Seas including the Royal Promenade, Central Park, the Boardwalk, the Entertainment Place, the Pool and Sports Deck, and 22 restaurants, just to name a few."
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2014, 03:30 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Does the experience include catching a norovirus?
GrayHare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:04 PM   #3
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayHare View Post
Does the experience include catching a norovirus?
Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances.

The Winter's Tale, William Shakespeare
Nemo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:15 PM   #4
Give me a forum ...

We have not taken a cruise for a while, so I just looked up this Allure of the Seas. Our last cruise a long time ago was on the Voyager of the Seas and it was the largest back then.

This Allure of the Seas is huge. It's longer than a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier, and more than 2X the tonnage. The Voyager of the Seas was already larger than an aircraft carrier.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:08 PM   #5

Does this show Bare Necessities cruises?
Old 07-08-2014, 06:33 PM   #6
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls99 View Post
One will be able to amble through most public areas of the ship Allure of the Seas with the help of experts at showing all.

Take a Cruise On The World's Largest Cruise Ship... Without Leaving Your Couch - gCaptain Maritime & Offshore News

"
Royal Caribbean International announced Monday a partnership with technology giant Google to become the first cruise line to launch Google Maps Business View using Google’s Street View technology onboard the Allure of the Seas.
By using Street View technology, Royal Caribbean International says it will provide consumers with a sample of their vacation through an immersive and interactive experience."

"Using the familiar street view interface, potential cruisers will be able to virtually walk through the various decks of Allure of the Seas including the Royal Promenade, Central Park, the Boardwalk, the Entertainment Place, the Pool and Sports Deck, and 22 restaurants, just to name a few."
You must have a very broad definition of voyeurism.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:31 PM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Yes, not confined to dictionary definition.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:34 PM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Speaking of ship sizes, we have not taken a river cruise in Europe, but my sister and her husband have. They said these river boats did not have the amenities of the big ocean cruise ships which they missed. In fact, they like the big ships, the bigger the better.

I have meant to go on a smaller ship or the river boat to have a different experience, but have not gotten around to that.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:11 AM   #9
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
they like the big ships, the bigger the better.
As part of the "It takes all kinds" overview, we're the exact opposite....couldn't imagine going on a ship bigger than ~ 80k tons, (and we only go on them due to price)........our booking next April is on a ~ 47k tonner, but given our druthers, (and an abundance of cash), we'd opt for those less than 20K tons.

The Winter's Tale, William Shakespeare
Nemo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:25 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
Speaking of ship sizes, we have not taken a river cruise in Europe, but my sister and her husband have. They said these river boats did not have the amenities of the big ocean cruise ships which they missed. In fact, they like the big ships, the bigger the better.

I have meant to go on a smaller ship or the river boat to have a different experience, but have not gotten around to that.
DW and I can't see ourselves going on one of the big cruise ships with thousands of our new closest friends. We almost booked an Alaska cruise but chickened out at the last minute. Here in Houston there are relatively cheap cruises into the western Caribbean but we can't see any purpose to it.

We have taken 3 European river cruises which we love. The ships are small and carry less than 140 people. There's not much on the ship itself other than the dining room and the lounge. There are typically two sightseeing activities every day which are mostly included in the price. The food is great.