Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-14-2018, 05:16 PM   #41
Full time employment: Posting here.

Send a message via ICQ to hesperus Send a message via AIM to hesperus Send a message via Yahoo to hesperus
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbo111 View Post
You mean a heaven greeting like this?
+1 That makes me smile
hesperus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2018, 07:27 PM   #42

I have 2 dogs I love bunches, but one of them is just super special. No question, losing a best friend is painful. No way around it. It is beautiful in a way, it shows how we can care so deeply for another animal.
Elbata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 07:37 PM   #43

bclover,

I am so very sorry. The memories will make you smile and smile and smile, but not until you get through the painful part. Be extra kind to yourself in the meantime.
ohyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:19 PM   #44
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbo111 View Post
You mean a heaven greeting like this?
Now I'm bawling. The Golden there looks like my best boy Buster. He was 15.5 exactly. We just let go our rescue Golden Penny about 3 weeks ago. We we on a walk with out last rescue Golden tonight and talking about Penny and all the food she was missing on the sidewalk.

Mrs scrapr says after we lose Oden she is going to house sit for Rover. That may be an interim fall back position until we get more Golden(s)

Hugs bclover
Scrapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:31 PM   #45

I am so sorry for your loss bclover. I am also sorry to hear of the other losses. I lost my besty 12 years ago. It took me all of 9 days to rescue another - it was just too darned quiet in the house. I felt that the house had no life. The new rescue trully rescued me. I knew I could never find another to take my besty's place, but I found another to take her space and it's been a joyful ride. She's sleeping a few feet away from me now and little does she know it but she's about to get loved on big time by her foster mom as I remember to cherish every moment.

And I LOVE that greetings in heaven photo. Mine will have a menagerie of dogs, hamsters and birds !
Hebrews 12:11

ER'd in June 2015 at age 52. Initial WR 3%. 50/40/10 (Equity/Bond/Short Term) AA.
Live And Learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:44 PM   #46

so very sorry
am still in mourning myself over a recent loss of a very significant pet
it takes a lot of time to not feel raw pain at each and every memory that before brought only happiness when the pet was still alive
but it will get better eventually
the discipline of having others to care for, on both two and four legs, helps a grat deal
mamadogmamacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:40 PM   #47

I am so sorry for your loss, bclover. Hobbes looks like a fine fellow. He was lucky to be a part of your family. Sending hugs to you.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:47 PM   #48

Sorry for your loss, bclover. I lost my best friend last month at age 9, due to a tumor outside his brain. He's the one in my profile pic. I cried like a baby and can't wait till I see him again some day. Best dog ever.
Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:06 PM   #49
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

My girlfriend told me that someone told her that dogs are a short story with a sad ending.

I'm on my ninth book and she's on her sixth. Yeah, it hurts.

But not as much as the pain of not having a dog. So, when the grieving gives a bit, do what your dog wants you to do, go rescue another from a shelter and give it a home.

Lucy - three time loser street dog at the Stockton, CA city pound. Total sweetheart!
RobbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 12:00 AM   #50

So sorry for your loss, bclover. It is so hard to let a beloved pet go. Hobbes was a beautiful dog and I’m sure you have wonderful memories of your time together.

I still miss the dog we had to euthanize due to cancer over 5 years ago. We did get another dog and we love him too, but I’ll never forget the first one we had. Take care.
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:01 AM   #51
Moderator Emeritus

So so sorry, bclover. All dogs go to heaven.

We are dogsitting DD’s little old guy next week; he is walk-into-walls blind and profoundly deaf and a bit wobbly (but still eating and drinking and doing his business) so will spend the week cuddled on my lap. Our much younger dog is happy to have his company and will nestle close to him. We have his vet’s info handy if need be. He’s always been a little sweetie and we’ll love having him here and will miss him when he’s gone as we still miss our own dogs who have left us.