WalMart or Target for Most Things??

Even some of their name brand stuff doesn't seem to be as good quality. For example, we bought these really good French chocolate butter cookies from there (Petit Ecolier) and they tasted a little stale.

No way! They have Petit Ecolier cookies? I grew up on that stuff! I used to find them at my local supermarket but since we moved I have not been able to find them again. I never thought of looking at Walmart... I'll check it out next time I go.

. The Walmart is in a expensive upper middle-class suburb, but the quality of the employee definitely seems to be a little low.

It's funny you mentioned that because our Walmart is very upscale clean ,wide aisles , fresh merchandise but the salesclerks are the dredges of society .

I feel much better knowing others have equally strong negative feelings about Walmo. We don't have a supercenter, but the place here is a really depressing, junky, disorganized mess. I do go there for generic garden chemicals, tho.

Seems like an oxymoron jazz......... It's "a really depressing, junky, disorganized mess." But, "I do go there for generic garden chemicals, tho."

If I felt that bad about it, saving a few pennies on garden chemicals wouldn't cause me to go there....

Are you saying that your cheapness overwhelms your sense of good taste?

JMHO ;)

No way! They have Petit Ecolier cookies? I grew up on that stuff! I used to find them at my local supermarket but since we moved I have not been able to find them again. I never thought of looking at Walmart... I'll check it out next time I go.
Sounds like maybe they are actually the same packages of cookies left over from when you were growing up. :LOL:

I shop at Target but not Walmart much, since it's so far away from my house. But, they are building a new Walmart about 1.5 miles from me, so hard telling what will happen when that opens.

I go to Sam's for most of my non-edible staples: toilet paper, paper towels, dish soap, washing powder, etc. But, I am questioning whether my $40 annual membership is worth it. When I go to Sam's I like to look at all the pretty jewelry...look and just walk on by, so far....but I like to look. You never know what you might find at Sam's so it FUN just looking.

I may decide to give up my membership at Sam's (or not) after they get the new Walmart built.

I just haven't been buying much of anything lately. Nothing I really need/want.

That's my situation. Other than food (for me and cat and birds and squirrels) and some cleaning products, what do I have to buy on a regular basis?

WAY! Not only do they have the Petit Ecolier, they have the Extra Dark (70%) kind! It was in one of the food aisles for organic or speciality foods (something like that). I'm in Orange County, CA if it matters. This aisle also had Basmati rice and some other stuff that I never thought Walmart would carry. This isn't your father's Walmart! That being said, remember I said that they were a little stale?

BTW, Trader Joe's also carries the Petit Ecolier, but they don't carry the Extra Dark.

I went into a much newer Wal-Mart today.... I was surprised...

It looked nice!! A lot of natural light... wide aisles... seems that the stock was displayed nicely instead of thrown around....

I guess it is which one you happen to visit that makes a difference... this one was close to upscale homes... so the riff raff were not seen...

Seems like an oxymoron jazz......... It's "a really depressing, junky, disorganized mess." But, "I do go there for generic garden chemicals, tho."

If I felt that bad about it, saving a few pennies on garden chemicals wouldn't cause me to go there....

Are you saying that your cheapness overwhelms your sense of good taste?

JMHO ;)
There are a few garden items I haven't found anywhere else in generic formula unless I get farm-size quantities from Southern States or go to the county co-op several miles away. Plus I can go in the side door and use the garden center check-out......less likely to be seen at Walmo:cool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom