Was the recent correction enough?

robnplunder

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I was hoping for a bigger correction than 10%. Was the correction enough or is there a bigger one coming within, say, the next 30 days?

Do you really think someone here (or anywhere) knows the answer to that question:confused:?

I was hoping for a bigger correction than 10%. Was the correction enough or is there a bigger one coming within, say, the next 30 days?

Is this correction over already? Darn, I did not get the memo. :)

Well, either way it goes from here is fine with me. If it goes down more, I should start thinking about buying.

If it goes up, well, I seriously doubt that the market will set a new high any time soon. I would look to see if I could make any trade, but most likely will stay put.

Enough for what?

"The man in the forest said to me,
'How many strawberries swim in the sea?'
I answered him as I thought good,
'As many herring as swim in the wood.'"

- Beatrix Potter

My crystal ball says this was NOT a big enough correction to put all the market tensions to rest. From here the market could again resume it's climb up the wall of worry, or some unpredictable event could trigger anther meltdown, possible the bigger correction everyone is expecting. Unfortunately since the trigger for the rest of the correction is like to be some news event, escalation in Ukraine, Middle East, unexpected Ebola spread, earthquake or some other disaster it is not actionable. No way to know when it will come or how big it will be, so the best approach is likely to be stay the course and be ready for either an up leg or a down leg. We might just muddle along for years.

My crystal ball says this was NOT a big enough correction to put all the market tensions to rest. From here the market could again resume it's climb up the wall of worry, or some unpredictable event could trigger anther meltdown, possible the bigger correction everyone is expecting. Unfortunately since the trigger for the rest of the correction is like to be some news event, escalation in Ukraine, Middle East, unexpected Ebola spread, earthquake or some other disaster it is not actionable. No way to know when it will come or how big it will be, so the best approach is likely to be stay the course and be ready for either an up leg or a down leg. We might just muddle along for years.

Are you sure you are not looking deeply into a bowling ball?

Some dude commenting on a Yahoo! article in their Finance section thinks the market is going to crash big time right after the election.

So there you go! ;)

I'll be checking in with this guy tomorrow and let you know....

crystal_ball.JPG

My take it that it is virtually 100% certain that there will be a larger correction sometime in the future. In the meantime there may be lesser changes in both directions and, conceivably, a larger upward tick.

This last correction is just what the doctor ordered. We've already recouped about half of the correction. Things are just ducky.

We're now in good shape until our next correction. Unfortunately, I have no clue when that will be or how big it will be.

Earnings reports are still coming in, so it seems premature to declare the correction over.

Why is market turndown called correction and an upturn is a Whhheeee?

A pretty good (dead cat?) bounce today. Market is acting like if the all clear sign is given. Wheeeeeee! :D

Eh, they are finally getting your memo. I hope they keep buying as I am still significantly short of my all-time high. Man, that was beaucoup money I "lost".

PS. Saw a headline saying Buffett lost $1B yesterday just on his IBM holding!

PPS. And the word on the street is that ECB will be doing QE. The sky is the limit now! Whoee!

Last edited:
Professional investors don't make money when the market is sideways. I'm convinced that the powers that can manipulate the market do so in order to create profit opportunities. Take it down a few hundred points so that it can recover a few hundred points.

At least, that's my theory. Excuse me while I answer the door - there's a black helicopter on my front lawn.

Some of my friends had the same theory, and complained that it was how they could not make money in investing. I told them they should just go along with the flow, and buy low/sell high when the "manipulators" drove the market up and down.

Back
Top Bottom