Watch out for Amazon !

.......I also notice most of the pill vendors have some available described as used.
I'm not sure how that works, but the mental picture I get of the used pill production line is not very pleasant.:nonono:.Anyone else notice that?

I bought a camera case on Amazon listed as used. It was in fact new, but out of the original package. It was half price, but perfect.

So, maybe repackaged stuff is just peddled as used.

The sellers on amazon inflate the price of popular, hard to get items.

Research before buying.

For people who don't want to add an add-in to their browser you can just use the camelcamelcamel website.

http://www.camelcamelcamel.com

The sellers on amazon inflate the price of popular, hard to get items.

Pretty much everyone does that. Have you heard of "Supply and Demand"?

Supply and demand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't know what your line of work was, but if you educated yourself, or learned a craft so that your services were more popular and harder to come by than a those of a burger flipper, did you still offer your services for minimum wage? Why not? Why did you inflate your price?

-ERD50

I occasionally sell books through Amazon Marketplace. Twice their robot would not let me list at my chosen price. One, a signed out-of-print paperback novel of interest to tourists & residents of my hometown, in so-so condition, could only be listed above $12.00; the other, an apparently rare-ish out-of-print hardcopy biography with dust jacket had a minimum of $65.00. They both sold but it took longer than I would like. I think Amazon has a right to protect their commission.

Yeah, they were offering "used" hair dye, too :nonono: Which would no doubt be very, very expensive...think of the advanced technology that would be needed to collect it! :LOL: Methinks it's just their software - a thingy that always comes up, unrelated to whether you actually can buy a "used" version or not.

Amethyst
I think you are right about the software. When I clicked on the used pills, it comes up as new with a cheaper price but much higher shipping.

Still, I'm keeping the door open for the possibility that a clandestine PILL recycle facility exists somewhere..They do say that some of those vitamin pills never dissolve
That plus the fact that the brand I usually purchase is called---
NATURE'S WAY :blush:

img_1027826_0_62ec03290d0bdeca7a6c67229e0518e3.jpg

Somewhere in the hills

I needed a few supply odds and ends for my hobby, and decided rather than go to several local merchants or even on-line places, I thought I would just round up as much as possible on Amazon...

So I put everything in my basket.... 7 or 8 items, $38.... and $24 in shipping, even with one being a 'super saver'!

I emptied my basket, went back to search and typed in "free super saver"... hmmm only five pages. I wonder why so few. Well, I start paging through and find three of the original items, and at good prices. I put them in basket. Then I searched by type for the rest of items, one by one.... paid attention to items with 'free super saver,' (which were btw NOT in the list of five prior pages for some reason!), and placed in basket, if they had a good price.

End result? All but one of the items found, total $36.50, and FREE shipping for all. I think the one item I could not source was easily found locally anyway, and not that important, so I placed the order. I figure I saved 30-40% of what the original order bottom line would have cost me.

Now, one of those items is not scheduled to be here until Feb 15th, but still... if you can afford to wait...

Bottom line is what a prior shopper recommended -- buyer beware, it's up to you to shop for and insist on reasonable terms, If not, vote with your feet and go somewhere else.

Here might be a case similar to Amazon's high price for the bucket of dinosaurs. I was looking for some black dye for loudspeaker grill cloths which, I suspect, are polyester, and the only thing I could find on Amazon was Jacquard iDye Poly for $7+ with (supposedly) free shipping. Not bad. But when I made out the order, I found I was going to be charged $21+ shipping. Ouch. I found the same product elsewhere on the web for $2.45 plus $0.28 shipping.

I did find Amazon user reviews for the bucket of dinosaurs which pointed out that Toys 'R Us had a much better price.

There are several bad reviews of the price of that product and in the old day that seller would lower his price or be banished from Amazon not so anymore . Amazon was known to run a tight ship with their sellers unlike ebay which had some real scammers . Now ebay runs a much tighter ship and Amazon has loosened it's standards . I hope they straighten it out because it was always my favorite place to buy .

I'd bet that each of the 3 shipments came from different warehouses. I've seen that a bunch of times.

It's one reason I try to split my free shipping up into as many orders as I can and still stay above $25 in each. If they are in the same order and in the same warehouse, they will hold it up if one item in that warehouse is delayed. I've seen that too.

-ERD50

Ahh yes. Hadn't thought of THAT one.

Can't determine the origin of the last two packages, but, I assume that's the correct answer.

-CC

Pretty much everyone does that. Have you heard of "Supply and Demand"?

Supply and demand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't know what your line of work was, but if you educated yourself, or learned a craft so that your services were more popular and harder to come by than a those of a burger flipper, did you still offer your services for minimum wage? Why not? Why did you inflate your price?

-ERD50
No, never heard of supply and demand. Thanks for the link.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom