Water pressure question for bathroom

It is a gas heater, so no electric off and on.... but they did drain it....

It is still leaking, so I will try your suggestion.... well, tomorrow when they are here just in case...

It is the contractor doing the work... they did not bring in a plumber....

Well, I could not wait!!! So I flipped the valve for a second and put it back... I will see what happens...

It does not appear to be a pressure issue as I do not any excess pressure at any faucet nor when I flipped the valve... if all it is is a small drip I can live with that since it goes out to my driveway... but I might just put on a new valve eventually... soon I will have to put in a new heater since this one is 14 years old...

BTW, put my hand on the cold water line and it was a bit hot... so the hot water is expanding into the line like it used too...

OK, now a problem has shown itself.... what to do??

They had to change out the pipes on the water heater to get the new ones attached... just a bit ago I noticed that water was dripping out the overflow valve.... the likely culprit is that they put on a pipe that restricts water backing up to the cold water line, so higher pressure in the tank...

Is it OK to live with the overflow?

If the water is dripping from the water heater valve, it is hot water that you are paying for. It needs to be fixed. A new overflow valve, $12, is probably all it needs.

So what was the resolution? Enquiring minds...

For which question?

They are still working on the bathroom.... will not get finished for a few weeks... when finished with tile etc. they have to measure for granite... then install... THEN measure for the glass wall and door...

As for the leak on the heater... the flipping did the trick... no new valve needed...

Well, I could not wait!!! So I flipped the valve for a second and put it back... I will see what happens...

It does not appear to be a pressure issue as I do not any excess pressure at any faucet nor when I flipped the valve... if all it is is a small drip I can live with that since it goes out to my driveway... but I might just put on a new valve eventually... soon I will have to put in a new heater since this one is 14 years old...

BTW, put my hand on the cold water line and it was a bit hot... so the hot water is expanding into the line like it used too...
Generally there should be a heat trap in the cold water line to prevent heat from convecting up the clod water line and wasting the heat you paid for. Just curious if you're using Hansgrohe fixtures? We installed them in our last home bath remodel. They are expensive but the quality is great. Most everything is brass or nickel, braided stainless hoses, etc. I thought they were worth the money. I wouldn't waste my time installing a low end fixture on a house I was planning to stay in a while, too much work. Of course I did sell that house after a $20K bath remodel a year earlier. It turned out really nice. Now I can do it all over again. Of course if I'm retired this time it shouldn't take me 8 months to finish it.

Generally there should be a heat trap in the cold water line to prevent heat from convecting up the clod water line and wasting the heat you paid for. Just curious if you're using Hansgrohe fixtures? We installed them in our last home bath remodel. They are expensive but the quality is great. Most everything is brass or nickel, braided stainless hoses, etc. I thought they were worth the money. I wouldn't waste my time installing a low end fixture on a house I was planning to stay in a while, too much work. Of course I did sell that house after a $20K bath remodel a year earlier. It turned out really nice. Now I can do it all over again. Of course if I'm retired this time it shouldn't take me 8 months to finish it.

The two main fixtures in the shower are Hansgrohe.... and they ARE expensive.... sales lady said about $400.... but failed to say that did not include the value behind the wall... closer to $600 each... we also have their diverter...

The hand held wand has a Luxart valve and handle... it will not be used that much and it looks close enough for us...

I do not know about braided hoses... I did not see them except for the ones they used to tie in the new water line at the water heater...

The total cost is probably going over $20K just for the bathroom.... even though $20K was my max budget.... DW keeps changing things and then some stuff came up that we did not anticipate such as rotten wood and replacing the carpet in the closets... OH, and the $3K we spent on fixtures :facepalm: that were listed as 'client provided' in the bid...

Back
Top Bottom