Website to Borrow Passwords?

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Someone mentioned a website where you can get a password to use to access free newspapers, etc. I can't seem to find it searching- anyone remember what it is??

Thnx,

Mikey

I would never endorse engaging in such dastardly behavior, but I hear http://astalavista.com is a great site for all types of codes/passwords/hacks. Just watch the popups, make sure your active scan anti-virus is updated, and you got a firewall running! While the site itself is pretty clean, you are just one or two links away from potential trouble. Again, so I've heard. :)

I'm not sure shared free registration should be classified as dastardly.

Anyway, I posted a thread about http://www.bugmenot.com/ last year. I haven't really used it since then, but at the time I was able to get into some free registration news websites but not others. In particular I couldn't get into the Dallas Morning News for Scott Burns' column which I think was free at the time but may be a paid subscription now. I'm surprised I remembered the name...they picked an appropriately catchy one.

By the way, I mostly lost interest in Burns' columns, but when subscription-only links are posted on one of the ER boards I can usually find the column in a registration-free available syndicated column by searching news.google.com for "scott burns [keywords]" without the quotes.

At the time I thought this wouldn't work for Wall Street Journal articles, but recently somebody found a free link to one and posted it here I think...not sure if that was a one-time article or if there's a way to read their stuff reg-free, too.

(Don't you hate it when you type a reply and somebody beats you to the punch ;) )

May have misunderstood, I thought we were trying to subscription sites for free. I'm all for fighting the id cookie monsters. :)

Hey, that's great. I hate all those "It's free but you have to register" sites, such as all the little newspapers.

Thanks!

Well funny thing is, I think they think they're gathering demographic data.

Suffice it to say, when I register, its with a phoney email, and being a 14 year old girl from missoula would be more accurate than the rest of the info I give.

In fact, for the last two years I've been "Adrienne Beauregard" to so many web sites and junk mailers that I get almost as much mail (e- and real) for my female alter ego than I do for myself. I get magazine and newspaper subscription offers and have taken them when free. Send Adrienne all the bills you want! I could probably establish a false identity based on the volume of stuff with that name on it. Adrienne even had a brother Adrian for a while when someone misspelled the name and then spammed it to others.

So I hope nobody is making any decisions on this demographic data...

Notth said:
Adrienne even had a brother Adrian for a while when someone misspelled the name and then spammed it to others.

Somehow I picked up a wife according to my snail mail offers. After a while I learned her name was Mary and even later I learned her middle initial is "S". I can't imagine where they came up with that.

And according to my credit report I've been using my grandfather's surname as an alias. When?

Yeah, I picked up an alias with a different middle initial after one credit card co mistook my initial for another letter and started issuing me cards in that name. I called once but they said they'd have to cancel everything and have me reapply if I wanted it changed. Nah.

My wife's credit report was interesting, first time she pulled one and looked at it. Showed two former employers that she never worked for, three residences that she never lived at, but other than that no accounts or other stuff that would indicate identity theft. We had the goofy stuff removed but some of it had to be done in writing/snail mail.

Back
Top Bottom