websites not working- how to check

imoldernu

Gone but not forgotten
Editing - warning... My mistake... this site works, but sends your address to everybody and his dog.... sorry:facepalm:
The thought was there...
...................................................................................

FWIW
Several websites that I have tried yesterday and today, seem not to be up and working. My guess is because of Sandy, but along with checking, found this website that does a check to see if the problem is with the site, or perhaps due to cache problems or cookies etc.

removed link

Pings the base website, and tells if it's down for just you, or everyone.

Hope moderator will remove

Last edited:
OK... a little bit more... this gets confusing...

Apparently many sites are down... the website I linked was probably all right.
Subsequent to my original check on the site that was down, the owners decided to use an alternate link that went through tumblr. This brought up a few pages that I didn't recognize, (with advertising) and I assumed the worst.

If you're confused by this, join me.

The intent was honorable.

Here's the news story about the sites going down.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/hurricane-sandy-takes-york-city-data-center-gawker/story?id=17601425#.UJFtbeQ81VU

Last edited:

This is pretty funny... That's the site I had posted originally. In the meantime, I went to another site, it didn't come up, but the tumblr site DID come up, with advertisements... then the site that had been "down" came up... Kinda weird... I figured it was some kind of malware.

If you look at the links at the bottom of the Down for everyone site, they tell you that they "share" your address with everyone they do business with.

:LOL: gotta stop trying to be helpful

Back
Top Bottom