Wednesday Weirdness

Prince Poppycock

My money is on He and Jackie to be the final two with him being the final winner. His "Salute to America" on Tuesday was over the top.

(Yeah, I am a fan of this type of show... have been since listening to "The Ted Mack Amatuer Hour" as a child.)

"Stand-up seats." George Carlin would have had a ball with that one.

"Stand-up seats." George Carlin would have had a ball with that one.

I have seen these proposed and I think I might prefer stand up seats to the saddle seats. Humans can spend an hour standing up on a bus or a train during rush hour, why not on a plane? Ignoring the potential for injury in the event of hard landings, turbulence, and crashes that is... :D

But I dunno, Fuego, how much help do you really think the seat and seat belt is in a typical plane crash? I'd probably gladly stand up to save money!

But I dunno, Fuego, how much help do you really think the seat and seat belt is in a typical plane crash?
In the 'typical' plane crash, it is probably a life-saver.

The National Transportation and Safety Board reports more than 80 percent of all commercial airline accidents are survivable.
In the case of the other 20%, being strapped to your seat may aid in recovering and identifying your remains. :)

I have seen these proposed and I think I might prefer stand up seats to the saddle seats. Humans can spend an hour standing up on a bus or a train during rush hour, why not on a plane? Ignoring the potential for injury in the event of hard landings, turbulence, and crashes that is... :D
Lets see. 1 hour flight. Boarding delay. Tarmac back-up. Then it storms. Plane is stuck on runway. Finally takes off. Landing delay. Gate's not open. Stuck again on tarmac. How long can you stay standing up? 5 hours? Maybe 10? Not like it hasn't happened in the past few years. :)

Kinda joking, kinda not. Airlines are increasing like banks in one way - their innovations seem geared toward areas where bad endings can happen and increasingly do.

Back
Top Bottom