We'll all freeze to death, Global warming Cancelled.

ls99

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Maybe a week ago the hot topic was Man Made Global warming.

Stop the pressess, we will now be getting to ready for a Mini Ice age.

Major Danish Daily Newspaper Warns: ‘Globe May Be On Path To Little Ice Age

Major Danish Daily Newspaper Warns: ‘Globe May Be On Path To Little Ice Age…Much Colder Winters…Dramatic Consequences’! Read the Full Article

Paper features Danish solar physicist Henrik Svensmark on the subject of the UN IPCC: '…many of the climate models used by IPCC and others overestimate the influence of CO2 and underestimate the influence of the sun. … The IPCC is very one-sided, so I don’t think there will be anything reasonable in the next report.'

Last year when we had record heat my friends were claiming man made global warming. This summer after hitting some record cold temperatures, they are now saying it is just unusual weather patterns. I love arguing with them as it makes the perfect topic to as none of us really know what we are talking about.

Last year when we had record heat my friends were claiming man made global warming. This summer after hitting some record cold temperatures, they are now saying it is just unusual weather patterns. I love arguing with them as it makes the perfect topic to as none of us really know what we are talking about.

Weather <> climate

We had a relatively mild spring, but no cold, record or otherwise, in August...

Probably the same fools that claimed that commercial fishing was depleting the infinite fish in the ocean.

Don't confuse global warming with the resulting climate change. One is cause and the other effect. Common mistake these days amoungst the non scientific public and others who profit by the mis-information that exacerbates this confusion.

It has been unseasonably cold where I am for weeks, and unseasonably hot in Texas (where much of the fam is) at the same time. There's been massive flooding just south of us, and horrible fires out west exacerbated by dry conditions. Who knows...

What I know for sure is now more than ever thanks to internet/mobile, anyone can find seemingly convincing support for almost any POV these days. With all of us buried in "information" like never before, it almost seems harder to sort out what's true and what's not - ain't technology grand... :D

Last edited:
In the 1670's there had been fifty years or more of hotter than normal weather in Northern Europe and the North Atlantic region. People were moving from Iceland to Greenland. A few had even moved to North America. But in 1675 all that changed. For the next thirty years there was very cold winters, coupled with late springs, short summers and early falls. The settlers all came back from North America and Greenland to Iceland. In Northern Europe the ice didn't retreat from the wheat fields in time to get a crop in. There was widespread starvation throughout Scandinavia, causing a major southern migration. The cold also caused the herring to migrate from the Arctic Ocean down to the waters around Norway and Sweden. The fish market was flooded, so even with large catches, there was no money to be made. And the price of wheat went through the roof. The southern countries that was still making wheat couldn't ship to the north because the harbors were iced up most of the year.

If I had to choose, a rising sea level would be easier to deal with than a sheet of ice.

As recently as the 1970's we had warnings about the coming ice age. Even more extreme than investments, I doubt any of us will live long enough to confirm our theories.

I read one theory that global warming will someday trigger global cooling, and the change will be relatively quick and dramatic. I don't remember the details, but it had something to do with the cold water from melting glaciers causing the warm water of the gulf stream to sink, and then the areas that benefit from the warming provided by the gulf stream would turn very cold. Sounds reasonable to me, but I don't know enough about the topic to dissect it more deeply.

I read one theory that global warming will someday trigger global cooling, and the change will be relatively quick and dramatic. I don't remember the details, but it had something to do with the cold water from melting glaciers causing the warm water of the gulf stream to sink, and then the areas that benefit from the warming provided by the gulf stream would turn very cold. Sounds reasonable to me, but I don't know enough about the topic to dissect it more deeply.

I think I saw a documentary about that.... The Day After Tomorrow. ;)

Back
Top Bottom