Join Early Retirement Today

Re: Well, thats it!
Old 01-18-2007, 05:05 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper
Of the multi-thousands of post from Nords and CFB, I can't remember one that stood out.
Ahhh... Unlike some of your 'memorable' little gems such as this one taking a shot at a poster who at the time was staring down the barrel of hurricane Katrina:

http://early-retirement.org/forums/i...68522#msg68522

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2007, 07:18 PM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Cute Fuzzy Bunny,
We both regeistered on this board at about the same time. I don't know how you made all those posts!
Old 01-18-2007, 08:45 PM   #23
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo!
Ahhh... Unlike some of your 'memorable' little gems such as this one taking a shot at a poster who at the time was staring down the barrel of hurricane Katrina:
Oh, I think what he was saying is that they were all equally good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex
Cute Fuzzy Bunny,
We both regeistered on this board at about the same time. I don't know how you made all those posts!
One at a time!
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 07:28 AM   #24
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex
Cute Fuzzy Bunny,
The time required is staggering when you think about it. Especially with a minimum 100 second delay between posts. That's 20575 minutes, or 343 hours, of downtime between posts. Figure at least double that time to account for the "average" post. Now double THAT time for all the reading involved in getting to the point where you want to make a post. 1372 hours spent reading and replying to this board. WOW!!
Old 01-19-2007, 08:32 AM   #25
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

You think CFB's time is staggering? He's not even in the top 10 "most time spent online" (lower-right graph). (I'm pretty sure that stat is just since April 29, 2005.) Nor is he one of the top-10 topic starters.
BigMoneyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:01 AM   #26
Give me a forum ...

Eh, I read and write really fast. In the working world, I typically received about 250 emails per day and responded to most of those. Half from a frickin crackberry towards the end. I also had to read about 2000 powerpoint foils per week.

Now THATS productivity :

Jim - It looks like I'm #4 on the topic starter list and I used to be #1, but I never made a dent in the time online. Tough to catch up with some folks who opened the forum up in their browser and then have left it there for a year and a half...
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:04 AM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute Fuzzy Bunny
Tough to catch up with some folks who opened the forum up in their browser and then have left it there for a year and a half...
Total time on line may reflect usage style rather than active time on line. While I am a light hitter compared to some, it is mostly hit-and-run, a couple minutes here and there. Often, I'll leave my computer and the forum stays "on line" for hours after my 30 second look-see as I dash off to stomp out illness.

Still, it's entertaining to look at those numbers.

As if you didn't know..If the above message contains medical content, it's NOT intended as advice, and may not be accurate, applicable or sufficient. Don't rely on it for any purpose. Consult your own doctor for all medical advice.
Rich_by_the_Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:12 AM   #28
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute Fuzzy Bunny
Jim - It looks like I'm #4 on the topic starter list and I used to be #1, but I never made a dent in the time online. Tough to catch up with some folks who opened the forum up in their browser and then have left it there for a year and a half...
Oops, apparently I didn't spend enough time online to actually finish reading that stat. Yep, you're #4 there.

I'm not sure exactly how time online is calculated, but I'm guessing simply leaving the browser open between visits doesn't inflate your time. I'm guessing a script that clicks a link every 15 minutes might inflate the stat, though.
BigMoneyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:17 AM   #29
Give me a forum ...

Hmm...when I ran a piece of IT in my old company, we measured visits to web sites and length of time there...I believe the length of time was until you clicked on another link or closed the session...it was all measured by the proxy server.

Dont you get an updated list of personal messages every now and then even if you dont click something?

Cant the server s/w note open sessions to the board?

I'd go with your script clicking conspiracy, but brewer and wahoo dont come off as the scripting types
Old 01-19-2007, 01:42 PM   #30
Recycles dryer sheets

Cool stats! I didn't know a board could do that stuff.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:58 PM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMoneyJim
You think CFB's time is staggering? He's not even in the top 10 "most time spent online" (lower-right graph). (I'm pretty sure that stat is just since April 29, 2005.) Nor is he one of the top-10 topic starters.
Hmm, looks like I'm going to fall out of the top ten posters soon. Maybe I'll start Galting it....
laurence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:59 PM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurence
Hmm, looks like I'm going to fall out of the top ten posters soon. Maybe I'll start Galting it....
That's an excellent idea! Your thoughts are always pearls of wisdom for all to enjoy. And you've never been wrong, you captian of industry you!
Old 01-19-2007, 02:01 PM   #33
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
That's an excellent idea! Your thoughts are always pearls of wisdom for all to enjoy. And you've never been wrong, you captian of industry you!
Hmmm, how about several posts of pic s of Tori, one pic to a post?

- George Orwell

Ezekiel 23:20
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:08 PM   #34
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
You could always start posting, responding to your own posts, then responding to your response. If you had a big enough pair of pearls, you could have thought of this yourself....

Old 01-19-2007, 03:06 PM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

I think I'm pushing the non kid lovers' patience with Tori pics at this point! Good point, REW, as soon as Justin gets within 100, I'll resort to that!
Old 01-19-2007, 03:19 PM   #36
Give me a forum ...

Theres always that other way to artificially pump up post count.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:19 PM   #37
Give me a forum ...

You know, where you have a brain fart post and then have to continue it as a separate one.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:20 PM   #38
Give me a forum ...

And another thing!

Wow, I never ran into the 'no posting for 15 seconds' limit before.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:21 PM   #39
Moderator Emeritus

I feel guilty just participating in this thread now! I've officially become a post pumper! I wonder if I have to register with the local police office and knock on my neighbors' doors?
Old 01-19-2007, 03:22 PM   #40
Moderator Emeritus

Is that really true?