We're #1!

Yes indeed. A few years ago we drove from SA to CS, and coming across all the tall pines on both sides of 21, driving through the shade for miles, was totally unexpected! It was really nice.
Sad to think that they are probably gone.

My boss has about 188 acres of timber... and he said that it was likely all of them would have been dead anyhow with the drought.... he expects most of his trees are dead and if not will be in the next 3 months... we will not see this until next year when nothing turns green....

I looked out my back window a few minutes ago to see the picture below. The wildfire is right next to my two youngest grandson's elementary school. Buses are evacuating all the kids to another school, DW was in the area, saw the smoke and went by to pick them up so they could avoid the bus ride.

Crap, we need some rain...

Attachments

• IMG_0100.jpg
    IMG_0100.jpg
    459.5 KB · Views: 1
That is NOT good.

Might be time to start loading up the RV, unless you are pretty sure that it will be quickly extinguished. :(

That is NOT good.

Might be time to start loading up the RV, unless you are pretty sure that it will be quickly extinguished. :(
The fire is 8 miles to our south and the winds are light and out of the Northeast, so we're OK on this one...

Thinking of you REW - good luck.

Back
Top Bottom